PS4 still down, recommend a set of AT'a to research
Dec 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 5
At $20 over your budget you can have the AD900x from amazon. It's an open back and is supposed to be good for gaming. I personally use a DT990 250 ohm Pro with my Astro MixAmp for gaming and love them. I play FPS games like Halo and Battlefield 4, the DT990 is great for hearing exactly where enemies are shooting from. Grenades aren't overly boomy, and your gunfire isn't painful to hear either. These can be found cheaper than the AD900x and are the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned.

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the
At $20 over your budget you can have the AD900x from amazon. It's an open back and is supposed to be good for gaming. I personally use a DT990 250 ohm Pro with my Astro MixAmp for gaming and love them. I play FPS games like Halo and Battlefield 4, the DT990 is great for hearing exactly where enemies are shooting from. Grenades aren't overly boomy, and your gunfire isn't painful to hear either. These can be found cheaper than the AD900x and are the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned.
Thanks for DT990 recommendation. After doing some research I am kind of narrowing my selection down to HD 558's and I guess the DT 990's. Just found HD 558's refurbished under $90. Are the DT 990's worth the extra money? I mean comfort wise. I have no place to demo near me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back