PS4 Pro / PS5 UAC1 usb audio out -> PC usb in -> PC usb out -> DAC/Amp usb in...
Jan 1, 2021 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sethgun0010

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Without luck, I've been trying, and reading up on ways to output my console audio to my PC for use with EqualizerAPO before sending to my DAC/Amp combo. I'm hoping if anyone can shed some light on how this could be done.

PS4/PS5 uses UAC1. My Woo Audio Wa7/Wa7tp 2nd gen. obviously wont work when directly connected. I'm using an optical out -> rca converter at the moment which works fine, but I'm wanting to use and equalizer in between. Using a 3.5mm out of my monitor to the pc via usb adapter is noisy and sample rate is low. I've tried connecting to a usb powered hub, but no luck. I have an old Nuforce Icon HDP dac/amp that the ps4 does recognize, but the audio level is low and there is no line out from the device to manipulate.

What I am thinking of, but unable to test out until next week, is simply if a usb cable connecting the ps4 pro and pc (or ps4 pro ->powered usb hub -> PC) would work, using audio capture via Audacity or similar, which could then be detected by EqualizerAPO, before going to my DAC/Amp. For any clarity, the PC is a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I'm unsure whether it is an issue with Windows 10 drivers, UAC1 output to a UAC2 PC, or a lack of understanding. I've tried this on an old Windows 7 laptop which is UAC1, but no luck.

I'm curious about whether the Schiit Wyrd would work, but I'm doubtful. If it did, I'm sure another user would have posted about it by now. I sqw it had a usb input and a usb output, but its not a sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to get a nice, high resolution eq'd signal going to my HD800s, like listening to my music through Jriver :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 6
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Problem is, device won't work in the intended way. Im trying to passthrough audio from ps4/Ps5 via usb to the pc, in order to eq the signal with EqualizerApo, then the outputted signal via usb to my dac/tube amp combo

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #6 of 6
Is it possible to tap 16-44.1 from ps4 usb to my Hel 2?
Ps4 support spotify and plex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back