PS4 Gaming Headphones with microphone 5.1
Dec 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mcullinan

100+ Head-Fier
What are the best headphones with mic for the PS4? Maybe in different price ranges as Im not sure how much I want to spend. Right now I use a 2.1 speaker setup which is nice. I would think 5.1 or 7.1 would give me more of a localization of the baddies advantage. Not sure of  the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 or if the PS4 does 7.1.

So maybe under $100 and then $100 -200 budget.

Thanks
in advance!!!

Dec 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 7
  What are the best headphones with mic for the PS4? Maybe in different price ranges as Im not sure how much I want to spend. Right now I use a 2.1 speaker setup which is nice. I would think 5.1 or 7.1 would give me more of a localization of the baddies advantage. Not sure of  the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 or if the PS4 does 7.1.

So maybe under $100 and then $100 -200 budget.

Thanks
in advance!!!

If your are absolutely tied to using a headset(I highly disapprove of this!) I would go with the Sennheiser U 320.

Dec 10, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 7
  Given those constraints I'd just pick up the Sony Elite Gold Wireless Headset

I agree with this recommendation as well.  I have tried and tried to use a pair of headphones with my PS4 using a DSS and a standalone mic.  After buying countless splitters and USB headphone/mic adapters I have come to the conclusion that Sony just does not want people to be able to do this.  They want people to buy their headsets.  Which I did.

I have the Sony Gold headset and you know what, it's actually not half bad.  It's comfortable enough and the surround effect is adequate.  It actually sounds better to me than my HP100s through the DSS unit through the PS4. 

So, save yourself the trouble, frustration and money.  Just get the Sony Gold headset and play. 

Dec 10, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 7
  Also, for a simple stereo solution I have had good success just using my Seinheiser Momentums with the inline mic plugged straight into the controller.  

I totally recommend doing this. Paired with a pair of ad700x's and a Zalman clip-on mic you have the best, hacker level, positional audio there is. Any pair a audiophile grade headphones will do just fine but the AD700x's take the cake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back