PS4----> Bifrost----> Little Dot 1+ -----> SRH840.... will this setup work?
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #16 of 21
Thank you. I just hope it sounds good.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #18 of 21
Also if using the PS4/3 etc you are going to have to set the console (ps3/4/xbox etc) to 2 channel PCM on the digital output (bifrost) at least. This is because the Bifrost as well as many other DACs can't read/understand a 5.1 or 7.1 channel stream or anything that is encoded in dolby digital or anything like that.

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 21
  Also if using the PS4/3 etc you are going to have to set the console (ps3/4/xbox etc) to 2 channel PCM on the digital output (bifrost) at least. This is because the Bifrost as well as many other DACs can't read/understand a 5.1 or 7.1 channel stream or anything that is encoded in dolby digital or anything like that.

My brother played Battlefield 4 on the XBOX360 using the Little Dot 1+, he said the positional cues were pretty good.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #20 of 21
I've never used anything higher than 2.1 so don't let anyone tell you that you need 5.1 or 7.1 to play video games. I'm sure that it is really nice, although I've never tried it.

My guess is that when yo select stereo in your game the programer may have setup some "magic" so that the positioning is still OK. Probably not 7.1 quality but good enough.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #21 of 21
  I've never used anything higher than 2.1 so don't let anyone tell you that you need 5.1 or 7.1 to play video games. I'm sure that it is really nice, although I've never tried it.

My guess is that when yo select stereo in your game the programer may have setup some "magic" so that the positioning is still OK. Probably not 7.1 quality but good enough.

Are you interested in purchasing the Little Dot 1+ from me?

It will come with many tubes and op amps for free, I will sell it to you $125 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back