PS3/PC DT990 2nd amp
Apr 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chubtoad

100+ Head-Fier
First post and I just have a quick question, I have been reading through these forums along with using google, and I cant seem to find an updated answer.

I'm in the process of getting a list of what to order and right now I have this:

DT 990 Pro 250 ohm
Astro Mixamp Pro (2013 edition)
Clip on mic
Pc headset Y adapter (from astro site)

Now what I'm wondering is which amp do I need to get to go along with this? From what Ive been reading there seems to be answers all over the place, including some amps that either don't even exist anymore, or simply aren't available in Canada (I live in Canada)

I have seen alot of mentions in old threads about the Fiio E9 (only place I can find one is ebay canada for $285 + crazy shipping heh)

there is a Fiio E09k for $109 which people use paired with an E17 (do I need an E17 even if i have the astro mixamp?)

but then theres also Fiio E10, E17 etc and I have no idea which one of these (if any) I should be looking at.

is Fiio the best bet?

Thanks!

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #2 of 4
if you're looking for an AMP/DAC combo, look at the schiit magni + modi combo which is one of the best purchases right now, its only 99$ each, so about 200$ for the stack vs. the prices for the e9/e17

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply,

Do I actually need both of those for what I'm trying to do? I don't mind paying if that's the case

Apr 3, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 4
You wouldn't need the DAC, that's what the ASTRO Mixamp is doing. Just the Amp, which would easily drive those Beyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back