ps3 optical out to optical in Audigy 2 zs
May 2, 2009 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

patrox89

100+ Head-Fier
So, my friend is getting a ps3 and he has dell surround sound speakers that have rca-like connectors that plug into the subwoofer. the speaker set has no DAC - they are all analog.

what I would like to set up for him is to have his ps3 do optical out to the audigy 2 zs, have that decode the audio and then output to the speakers so he can enjoy the 5.1 surround sound goodness.

i have briefly searched google and didnt find anything promising.

should the audigy 2 zs be able to take optical audio in? i do not have physical access to his sound card right now, so i cant tell if it has an optical in/out on the back or not. if it does, should this work?

i HAVE seen that creative labs at one point sold a breakout box for the audigy cards but I am not sure those can be purchased any more. nothing is even up for sale on ebay. i did find this do you guys think this could work?

am I a mad scientist?

May 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 2
The Audigy 2 ZS can take optical IN/OUT only if he has the front panel to it. Without the front panel he can't use optical.

Yes it should work, I had my PS3 connected to my Audigy 2 ZS through optical, but I used headphones and not a speaker setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back