PS AUDIO pwt /LKS MH-DA003 connection
Oct 1, 2018 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

John E

New Head-Fier
Been listening all day to this combo and observed the following.. (for noobs like me) who actually bought this combo,im happy to report right off the bat a regular hdmi cable is pinned correctly on both units i2s-h in/out puts, Mr.Li was incorrect about that detail, TJ from PS AUDIO was correct though! Im relieved about that since i purchasied a audioquest carbon hdmi cable due next week to arrive, i have also a KIMBER cable illuminati D-60 bnc/rca .05m and switching back and forth alot listening to the likes of Patricia Barber Cafe Blue and Dead can dance into the labrynth both 1st rate cd recordings imho, im not certain but i give the illuminati d-60 the nod for higher fi... i am using my lg tv,s 1.5 m hdmi cable its all i got at the moment handy, the AQ carbon with its 5% silver and solid core copper 1m just might turn things around. MR.Li dont answer me personally via email but the seller forexmen on ebay does, from what i can detect from this guy is a couple of things, 1- he strongly urges not flipping the top panel180 to make panel slots be at rear, and no fans either, he say the dacs dont get too hot and need the heat they put out to run properly, thermal is good! This goes for both the 003 and 004 models. 2- he also recommends that the unit sounds best to him running from bnc/coax , sweeter i believe he said, it could be it was made to compete with the i2s bypass pin out assignment issues and right now i got to agree hes right, a better hdmi will flesh this out i think. Next week ill get the MH-DA004 and hook it up with carbon hdmi in tow, ill give it a week or so and report back what i hear with this improved version dac in the mix.All of my listening will be done on Rogue Audio perseus magnum preamp w nos bb,s rolled and a Rogue Audio ST-100 amp with its small signal tubes rolled w/ nos tesla and bb,s along with the original TungSol kt 120 matched quad singing over 17 cent per ft. 24 ga furnace solid core wire LOL! feeding a modified pair of TEKTON LORES. No buds or ear paddles in this rig.

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi John

I'd like to know your listening results. I have an LKS MH-DA004 on its way and intend using it with S/PDIF temporarily and then with I2S. My understanding is that the LKS I2S port is not wired compatible with PS Audio, is that correct? I've specified my streamer with Gustard compatibility, the same as LKS.

I've also purchased an Audioquest Cinammon silver plated HDMI cable. Looking forward to trying this for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back