PS Audio GCHA owners 2 cents!
Jan 10, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't tried the DAC portion yet (that's why I got the Aria
biggrin.gif
) but the amp has had some postings on it; look fir Nik's and my comments.

But bottom line, think NEUTRAL, yet big sounding. I have a Dynahi, I think it does the total soundstage size a little bigger, but the images with the GCHA are focused and big sounding WITHIN the soundstage. VEYR balanced sounding, top to bottom, with no seeming drop or peak in frequnecy response.

I have used a Sony SA-5000, (briefly) Grado SR-325i, AKG 701, and Senn 650 (with stock and RnB cables). ALL of these sounded great. Nothing sounded bad, and the GCHA allowed the phones to all be at their best.

The 650's are fairly new, so they're not at their best. But I've owned 650's before, so based on memory know what they would be like after burned in well. Based on that memory ad what the amp does even now with the new pair, it's a great match!

Thanks,

Todd.

PS - source = Eastsound, with Oritek X-2 to Belles integrated amp. Then, either Grover UR6 or Oritek X-1 to the GCHA.

Jan 10, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 3
I prefer the sound of the GCHA's DAC over my Perpetual technologies P3a. However, the bass extension isnt as good as the P3a.

P3a sounds more shouty, peaky in the midrange, GCHA USB dac sounds more linear and balanced with better soundstaging then p3a.

Note: all comparisons made using powermac g5 uncompressed .aiff files and HP-2 headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back