PS-1
Oct 21, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 37
Does that 250 count include the ones that were sent to Germany? I wonder how many ended up in the hands of head-fiers!

Congrats to wakeride74 and insomniac for sliding in under the wire to grab the last couple of pairs! I highly doubt that you will regret it.

If this really is the end of the line, I wouldn't be surprised to see these things going for well over $2k/pair in a few years.

#90 will have to be pried off my cold dead ears, unless perhaps a vastly superior PS-2 comes along in the meantime.

Thanks once again Todd for making the PS-1 available in the US market. Sometimes it's hard to keep in mind that the best Grado currently available to the general public is the RS-1, which is a good headphone but vastly outclassed by the PS-1.

Oct 21, 2005 at 10:36 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbunniii
Does that 250 count include the ones that were sent to Germany? I wonder how many ended up in the hands of head-fiers!

Yes, 250 is MAX all around. Todd can say how many he sold to Head-fiers. I bought a new pair from GoRedWings19 after he bought two from Todd, so that is where my pair originated from.

Oct 21, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Yes, 250 is MAX all around. Todd can say how many he sold to Head-fiers. I bought a new pair from GoRedWings19 after he bought two from Todd, so that is where my pair originated from.

A knife in the back from the pink one! Et tu Pinkie??

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #20 of 37
boodi - yes I believe so... I may call Todd later to verify and see if we can get a total global count.

insomniac - Have you heard them before??

jbunniii - I can't thank you enough for making the trip from SF to the burbs with you cans for me! I would have missed out on the best headphones I have heard were it not for your generosity. Thank you!

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
jbunniii - I can't thank you enough for making the trip from SF to the burbs with you cans for me! I would have missed out on the best headphones I have heard were it not for your generosity. Thank you!

My pleasure, man. I'm glad you decided to pull the trigger, and just in time! I have a feeling these babies are going to be hard to find on the used market.

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #23 of 37
well, d@mn ... guess i'll be putting the funds i'd been saving towards a PS-1 purchase to another set of cans. hopefully there will be some new news out of grado about a high-end replacement.

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac
Nope, I've never heard them before.

These will destroy your 650's in everything but classical, you will be very happy!

jbunniii - I agree and also would not be surprised if these were selling in the 2k range down the road (assuming they show up in the FS area from time to time).

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #25 of 37
“We had heard musings that they would be produced as long as there was a demand. Well folks, the demand has seemingly been met. John told me that he has parts for 200, perhaps 250 total. TOTAL! I’m not sure what the numbers are up to now, but mine is #83 and its 8 months old? Basically, time is running out on these things and they won’t be coming back.”

This is from Zanth’s most excellent interview with John Grado.

It'll be interesting to find out what these last 2 serial numbers will be?

Mitch

Oct 21, 2005 at 5:20 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

These will destroy your 650's in everything but classical, you will be very happy!

While I'm expecting them to sound great, I'd be skeptical that I'll prefer them to my 650's for everything but classical. Remember, the Senn vs. Grado debate (as is pretty much everything discussed here) is largely influenced by personal tastes. Considering I prefer the 650's over every other Grado I've heard, which includes the RS-1 and HP-2, I'm pretty sure I'm still going to prefer the 650's over the PS-2's. Doesn't mean I won't love them though.

ADDITION: Regarding this talk about the serial numbers of the last two. Even if they were sold sequentially for the most part, isn't it possible that there are a whole bunch sitting in Germany waiting to be sold there?

Oct 22, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

I would be the last one, I talked to Todd this AM and...........
icon10.gif

Hmmmmm, over confidence leads to the darks side young padawan. Remember, just like the Sith, there are always two; no more no less.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenW
A knife in the back from the pink one! Et tu Pinkie??

Hi KenW,

Zanth bought his from me a while back. Don#t worry I will make sure you to hear a set. They are currently in Pittsburg then they go to Maryland then Texas. They will then go to you before coming back to me.

I originally had 3 Ps-1's. I now have only 1. The serial number on mine is....no number. It was one of two which had no number.

Biggie had the other one and I got the other.

Oct 22, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Hi KenW,

Zanth bought his from me a while back. Don#t worry I will make sure you to hear a set. They are currently in Pittsburg then they go to Maryland then Texas. They will then go to you before coming back to me.

I originally had 3 Ps-1's. I now have only 1. The serial number on mine is....no number. It was one of two which had no number.

Glad I get to at least get a listen. Of course, now that the PS-1 ship has sailed, I guarantee you that I'll love 'em. Just the way my luck goes.

Yo Todd....look around the back. Surely there's one more set...just one more for good ol' Ken? Yeah, I think there is....as a matter of fact, I'm certain of it. Thanks Todd!!

Oct 22, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19

Nice English!
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and BTW, as much as the answer you'll give scares me, why did you have three PS-1s? Obsessive compulsive syndrome? (Everything in threes, everything in threes, everything in threes)
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back