Proxxon or Dremel Rotary Tool? *With Poll*
Apr 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKJones96 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like my black and decker rotary tool.

I use a Black & Decker rotary tool as well. They make good "middle-grade" tools and I've used mine for many tasks.

Apr 10, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #17 of 25
i use the black and decker works fine works great with all generic dremel attachments and is half the price!

however working with a small hand held rotary tool made me realize how much more i needed their larger counter parts.....

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #18 of 25
Once again thanks for the input. I am going to get a corded version first for my normal casework and other tasks. If I end up needing a cordless on im sure ill know it after a few projects.
This will not be a tool I use everyday and will mostly be getting it as a drill press alternative. If I had the space I would get a press. One last questions to all of you helpful headfiers, can and should I use drill bits with the dremel? For example could I use a stepped drill in with it?

Thanks

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #19 of 25
Yes there are drill bits available for the dremel, but the stepped bit is not one of them.

If you plan to use it as an alternative to a drill press, here's an optional accesory you should consider:
dremel_workstation.jpg

Apr 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by zkool448 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes there are drill bits available for the dremel, but the stepped bit is not one of them.

If you plan to use it as an alternative to a drill press, here's an optional accesory you should consider:
z_x_y_mill_display.jpg

FIFY.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #22 of 25
I will be getting one of the available presses for the rotary tool. I looked at the Dremel one in the store and it was a bit flimsy, the Proxxon version seem a bit more solid. The one in MisterX's post looks more solid lol but also is a bit much
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back