Prototype Stax Omega II MKII spotted? Omega III?
May 23, 2007 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewthread-110-5109.html

Anyone hear any news regarding this new SR-007 MKII?

Seems like it's a new aluminum 'silver' shell with black earpads.

l1030647bzp2.jpg

Thoughts? I know I'll be grabbing one if this is true.. even if the change is only aesthetics.

May 23, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 13
Whoa nice find.

May 23, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 13
Oops.. sorry dude, didn't know! I searched for MKII but nothing came up.

May 23, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 13
Info seems to be that the new housing didnt contain any drivers. If there is a MkII in the pipeline, and given how long its been since the original release, its possible. The sound is going to be pretty similar to the MkI.

The Silver on black looks snazzy as hell though.

May 23, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 13
Indeed. That would look very nice next to my Darth Grados. Silver and Black for the win!

May 23, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 13
If Stax was actually coming out with the O3's why would they re-do the old O2? Seems unlikely they would re-do the old O2's and in 6 months to a year come out with a "New" product?

Mitch

May 23, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Silver on black looks snazzy as hell though.

I actually like the colors they have now better. Silver and black are so standard. Brown, green, beige, those kinds of colors make the product special.
Of course, it would be even cooler if you could decide what color you want your cans to be in.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2007 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Stax was actually coming out with the O3's why would they re-do the old O2? Seems unlikely they would re-do the old O2's and in 6 months to a year come out with a "New" product?

Mitch

Wait, who said they were coming out with the O3? Tell me!

May 24, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 13
Maybe they are happy with the housing (see how long they kept the Lambda Pro housing) and will upgrade the internals

May 24, 2007 at 3:47 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Buchanan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they are happy with the housing (see how long they kept the Lambda Pro housing) and will upgrade the internals

If that's the case, they could really learn a thing or two from Bose Marketing.

May 24, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #13 of 13
As far as I know they had to change the coating on the housing due to the new ROHS legislation, it was the same deal with the amps. I hope they tweaked the drivers but I doubt it. The SR-007 is selling in very large numbers considering its price and availability so I think the O3 is a few years off.

What I would really want is a new Lambda housing. The current one is 28 years old and isn't doing the excellent drivers any favors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back