Prospective Sennheiser PX series owners...watch out for ebay scams!
Mar 26, 2007 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

rockbottom

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Just thought I'd take the time and share something useful with y'all...As many of you may or may not know, there are tonnes of sellers selling PX100/PX200 on ebay...and I personally had a bad experience on there...

Aside from the obvious way of telling whether or not it's a fake (listening)...the appearances may also vary slightly...

1. The headbands have PX 100 or 200 written on either side...just where the ear cups are... these texts are on a rectangular glossy surface, very different from the rest of the headband...

2. On the PX 200s, there should not be any visible holes on the back cover of the cups...the only hole on there should be tucked right under the headband and is usually not visible...

3. When you fold up the phones...if you place the phones with the cups facing down...the Sennheiser text should be up-side-down...

4. Build quality is generally poor...and the fakes don't come with retail packaging or the plastic case (obviously)...some fakes will even throw in a little pouch...those are definitely FAKES!!!

For those of you who wants to own a pair...don't try to find deals on eBay...do yourself a favour and pick one up retail or better yet...find one here on the F/S forum...

I'm posting this wishing that people can benefit from this post...and not make the same mistakes that i did...i'm still waiting for Paypal to investigate my case...I messaged the guy thru paypal saying how as a chinese person myself I feel that offended by his actions and that he is bringing our culture a bad name! The guy even had the stomach to leave me a bad feedback and tried to get me to withdraw my remark...Anyhow...that's all folks!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back