Proper Way to Store IEMs?
Mar 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TennisForte

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
This is kin dof a stupid question, but I'd like some advice. 
I recently just got a pair of M6s after I broke my RE0s, what's the proper way to store IEMs? The case that came with the M6s isn't quite big enough for me to comfortably store them in, so I'm not sure what to do. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 5
Use the case included, of you still feel the included case isn't large enough, you can always but another third party case or pouch.  Essentially, what the case does is that it stops the enviroment from hurting your IEMs.  A pouch is less protective, but still provides this.  Avoid all cases that have holes in it (like ones included with some Skullcandies). 

Storing the IEMs, wrap the cable using the over under method (or similar), if you don't know what this is, search Google or YouTube for demonstrations.  Make the loop as large as possible but also small enough to fit in the case.  Place the IEM in the case and zip it up (or close it).  Hope this helps.

Mar 3, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
You can buy a case that fits your IEM at the dollar store.

Yup, I've got a couple of different 'dollar store' type cases, both airtight plastic, one is about the size of an Altoid tin large enough to hold the IEM's, the other about three times as thick that can also hold a Clip Zip.  I keep a silica gel pack in each of them to help keep the earphones dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back