Proper length for ALO cable: ipod to TBH?
Mar 4, 2007 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

kpp80202

Head-Fier
I am interested in getting an ALO cotton dock cable (or maybe something a little cheaper...). The ALO site indicates that the standard 5" length is too short for connecting an ipod to a total bithead due to the placement of the input on the TBH. However, it doesn't say what length is proper. Does anyone know what length of cable works well without strain? I want to connect an ipod mini to the TBH, but don't know how flexible the ALO cable is. Without knowing that, I don't have much confidence in how to do the measurement. I'd assume 7" would work, but that's just a guess. Help!

Kevin in Colorado

Mar 4, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 11
If you e-mail Ken (the ALO guy), he will be able to tell you. I told him that I was looking for an ALO dock for the same amp and he knew exactly how long it needed to be.

Mar 4, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpp80202 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested in getting an ALO cotton dock cable (or maybe something a little cheaper...). The ALO site indicates that the standard 5" length is too short for connecting an ipod to a total bithead due to the placement of the input on the TBH. However, it doesn't say what length is proper. Does anyone know what length of cable works well without strain? I want to connect an ipod mini to the TBH, but don't know how flexible the ALO cable is. Without knowing that, I don't have much confidence in how to do the measurement. I'd assume 7" would work, but that's just a guess. Help!

Kevin in Colorado

Hey Kevin,

I would situate your ipod where you normally use it. Take a string and tape it to the flat line out connector at the bottom of your ipod then to in jack on your amp. Send me the measurement and we can go from there.

Thanks!

Ken

PS the web site is now at ALOaudio.com and not audiolineout.com

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 4, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpp80202 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will do, thanks Ken. I'll let you know when I get back home.

Ken's on vacation at Disney World with his daughter, yet he still has time for his customers. Can't get much better customer service than that!

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 11
just throwing a suggestion out there; inquire for a custom ALO cable w/ right-angled miniplug to connect to the bithead? should ease strain on both cable and TBH in-jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back