Proper Care for W3
Feb 23, 2009 at 11:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ipodlover77

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if there are any special directions on how to take care of the W3's when exercising. I dont POUR sweat but i still sweat, just dont want the IEM's getting messed up. Any specific stuff i need to follow? I remember someone saying for the SE530's after a workout, you should clean the wires with something (cant recall). Anything like that for the w3's?

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 4
I use my W3 all the time for workouts. I do not necessarily take any precautions but I do put them in a little carrying case right when I am done with my workout. I think this helps prevent the sweat from oxidizing...

Feb 24, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Not sure which is more prudent but I DON'T put them away right after working out. I let them hang in a safe place to allow any perspiration to evaporate. Then every couple weeks I will wipe them and the wires off with alcohol wipes.

I'd be leary of winding them up and putting them away zipped up and unable to breath if they had moisture on them.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure which is more prudent but I DON'T put them away right after working out. I let them hang in a safe place to allow any perspiration to evaporate. Then every couple weeks I will wipe them and the wires off with alcohol wipes.

I'd be leary of winding them up and putting them away zipped up and unable to breath if they had moisture on them.

X2; I wouldnt be putting them away to stew in the sweat they will simply oxidize slower and longer; I dont know of any cases that are vacuum sealed
tongue.gif
if you do please share

Users who are viewing this thread

Back