Pronunciation of Grado
Jul 21, 2007 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

kanamin

100+ Head-Fier
I went to Anime Expo 07 and now I wonder, how do you pronounce Grado? I met a guy with a pair of SR80's around his neck, and I said "nice cans" and he goes, they're "Grah-dos".
What?
I thought he was a tard, until I realized I could be wrong, I've been saying "Gray-do", what's the proper pronunciation?

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 8
Gray-dough is how John himself says it. Although its not "proper" Italian (from what I understand).

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 8
I called them Grah-do until my first SF meet, where everyone called them Gray-do.

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 8
I remember another thread about a year ago that adressed this same issue (i am way to lazy to dig it up though)

I have always said grah-dough. I really don't care if that is correct I feel silly saying grey-dough (i am from Michigan so I lack the ny accent)

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Man, we just had one of these a few months ago!

For the zillionth time, it is pronounced "Gray-dough".

Jul 21, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 8
This makes me feel better. It's just that the guy sounded a little stuck up when he said "Grah-do", his tone made it seem like he didn't expect me to know what Grado was lolololol. I don't know if HE knew what I meant when I told him I was getting a pair of Alessandro MS1s soon, it didn't seem like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back