Prom - the next biggest wallet sucker since Head-Fi
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #61 of 99
Do not go to the prom with this girl. If she says "Can I think about it?" that means she's not wild about the idea but she doesn't have the guts to say so. You should go with someone who will appreciate you.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #62 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Do not go to the prom with this girl. If she says "Can I think about it?" that means she's not wild about the idea but she doesn't have the guts to say so. You should go with someone who will appreciate you.

Other people's thoughts on this?

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #63 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff

she's a teen - some aren't as bold as yer more forward mature females. don't read too much into initial reticence.

heck, when i told my GF "i love you" for the first time, she looked stunned and just said "uh...thanks."
eek.gif

later she told me she loved me and later we got married and eventually she got to the point where nothing i say stuns her anymore
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #64 of 99
it depends, really. it could be that she's not quite emotionally ready for something like this and such a question overwhelmed her. if you know that she's had a boy friend before, then you'll know 100% that this isn't true in this case.

Feb 26, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #65 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
she's a teen - some aren't as bold as yer more forward mature females. don't read too much into initial reticence.

heck, when i told my GF "i love you" for the first time, she looked stunned and just said "uh...thanks."
eek.gif

later she told me she loved me and later we got married and eventually she got to the point where nothing i say stuns her anymore
evil_smiley.gif

She's ... not shy, but not bold either, so I think this might be possible. Also, I just delivered the lines in a dead-pan, out of the blue moment, so it might've caught her by surprise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
it depends, really. it could be that she's not quite emotionally ready for something like this and such a question overwhelmed her. if you know that she's had a boy friend before, then you'll know 100% that this isn't true in this case.

She's never had a boyfriend before, and she's said something about not feeling ready...

Quote:

...she said that she was not ready for a relationship, and the outing turned into one with several mutual friends...

So that might be the case as well.

Feb 26, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #66 of 99
Quote:

Hmm. Maybe I came off a bit strong there. What I mean is that the prom is very expensive, especially for someone in high school and you should make sure that if you're going to take a date you take someone who you want to be there with and who wants to be with you too. If she's hesitant, that might be a sign that she's not dying to go with you.

EDIT:

P.S. Have your pride! Will you really feel good about yourself if this girl calls you back and does you the favor of letting you take her to the prom? Won't you be happier if you ask another girl and she just says, "Yes, I'd love to go with you."

Maybe the situation isn't like I'm making it out to be, but you should step back and take a look.

Feb 27, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #67 of 99
How long does it take to be suffocated by a headphone cord?

EDIT: I guess viator was right, and the other people too.

Feb 27, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #69 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
I don't think there's any problems with you going to prom with this girl, although:

She may be a little weirded out that there is a 4-page thread revolving around her on a headphone website
biggrin.gif

Uh, reverse the first statement. If the obliqueness of my earlier post deflected you past the point, she said no.

You could take away all my computer and headphone gear right now, and not get a response out of me.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #70 of 99
DOH! Sorry to hear that! There's still time to move on - ask a cute gal from school totally nonchalant and have fun!

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #71 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
DOH! Sorry to hear that! There's still time to move on - ask a cute gal from school totally nonchalant and have fun!

Maybe I'll end up like your cousin...

Maybe in a couple of days. It's a bit hard to think straight right now.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #72 of 99
Quote:

Maybe I'll end up like your cousin...

Maybe in a couple of days. It's a bit hard to think straight right now.

Dont let one girl change your perspective and view on things. Trust me, its not worth it!

She decides not to go, then its her lost. Dont beat yourself over that. I'm sure theres a reason why she wasnt meant to go with you, so dont give up yet.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #73 of 99
There's always the option of going stag. I forgot about having to show up for my own prom one year until the florist delivered the corsages the afternoon of that day and then I remembered that I did indeed have a prom to attend!

Of course, I had no dress to wear..but I did have a corset and a tux so I decided to wear what I had on hand, and prepped in record time.

So I hopped in the limo, stag, and with the full intention of just going to be myself and have a good time. I wasn't pressured to stay with my date, to make sure s/he was doing alright. I was able to dance with whoever I felt like, and really it all just ended up being one big party. Not to mention that I ended up getting asked out to about 4 other proms later that month as a result...

The point is, the prom isn't like a black tie ball where all the formalities and social civilities are the be-all and end-all. It's an event from which you'll have memories that you'll one day look back and laugh. Just go, ace that test, and have fun. You never know what happens. The girl in question might ask you out instead upon hearing reports of how well you did at the prom!

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #74 of 99
roastpuff:

Sad to hear that roastpuff. But dont hang with your head, its not worth it. We have all bin there, and most of us will be there again. As most things in life its worse to think about then to do, so my advice; don't think so hard about it. Let it rip, ask some other girl, or go stag. Have ablast !!! At some point you will look back at this and laugh about it, that I can garantee
smily_headphones1.gif

The only thing you can't change in life is time, and you my friend got time on your side!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back