Prolonging pleather?
Feb 21, 2003 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Beavis

New Head-Fier
I know pleather is not the ideal material for earpads, but is there anything you can do to help prolong the life of the pleather on your pads? Is it safe to use any kind of plastic / vinyl protectant on them?

Thanks...

Feb 22, 2003 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Avoid Armor All. It can pee off some buyers if you should ever consider selling the phones
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 22, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Avoid Armor All. It can pee off some buyers if you should ever consider selling the phones
evil_smiley.gif

LOL, I was going to tell him to ask you about Armour All but I thought I'd let sleeping dogs lie.
tongue.gif

Feb 23, 2003 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 5
Beavis:
Well, in fact, the Armor All is not that bad at the end, 95% or the americans use it in one way or the other everyday, the autoparts sell thousands of gallons of all kinds of it, every year, for multiple uses inside and outside the cars (there are different kinds of it, for different uses) Home Depot sell it for home uses too, is one of the most common protectants for plastic, rubber, and leather, along the US, and in many other countries, and if there is any other I don't know it, IMO, I think that if one or two guys here or there, do not like it, whatever the cause is, nobody is gonna die for that, and nobody is gonna stop using it, is a very effective substance, give it a try, I don't know of other so effective, another tip after using the headphones always clean the pads with a baby wipe or any other wet cloth, just to remove the grease and sweat from the surface of the material, this is the main cause of the deterioration....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back