Prolines and portable amp?
Jul 18, 2007 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cyrian

Head-Fier
okay, soon to be getting a pair of PROline 750's or 2500's still not sure which and i need help deciding, i know the main difference is that the 2500's are open where the 750's are closed, but thats about it. i've read up a ton on the ultrasones, and i have narroed it down to these two. i even took a couple days and read through alot of the huge Ultrasone post started by dex.

but anyways tips would be nice on those, but pairing them with an amp seems to be quite a daunting task. initially i will be listening sans amp. but i would still like to keep the rig i use them with portable, or atleast trans-portable once i add an amp to the mix. i was wondering if either the hornet or the tomahawk would work well with these? or should i just get something like a desktop amp and forget about the portable amp for these cans?

also if there are any other portable amps that would get the job done nicely in that kind of price range, (~$300 +- $50)

anyone having listened to both the 750's / 2500's leaving comments on them would be very welcome.

also, sorry for what seems like a millionth help thread, theres just so much information and having sifted through alot of it i still dont really have the answers i am looking for.
Thanks,
Cy

Jul 18, 2007 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 12
just have a look at my review of the Proline 750's. i think i included a quick go on my Go- Vibe.

anyway check the link in my signature.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #3 of 12
awesome, so dex liked the govibe 5? how about the 6? any word on the govibe 6?

have you had a chance to listen to the 2500's?

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 12
The differs between the 2 are not that big. The 2500 sounds a little more arier / spacier while the 750 keeps it more intimate if you catch my drift..
The bass on the 2500 sounds a tad more extended if I recall well but the 750 has a tad more punch (best word I could find...) (they are both no slouch on this department)
I went searching for you on "tha big thread" but couldn't find a detailed description of the differs that fast. You might wanna go to the thread and type in the search function "2500 750". Best to go back like 100 pages in time or so.
If you use them outside I would definately pick the 750's though.
And for an amp, I haven't heard the GoVibe 6 yet but used the 5 version before and it did quite a nice job. Best is to go hear the amps for yourself if you have the upportunity though.
Dex indeed likes the GoVibe 5 but he's on a holiday atm so won't be able to give you some feedback now.
Good luck anyways
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 12
thanks, has anyone heard the prolines with a tomahawk? and with the govibe what gain setting should i get? also would like to know if anyone's heard them with a hornet, i assume it would be similar to the tomahawk?

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks, has anyone heard the prolines with a tomahawk? and with the govibe what gain setting should i get? also would like to know if anyone's heard them with a hornet, i assume it would be similar to the tomahawk?

To check out the differences on amps, though not used with the Prolines, you should check this thread out. Used it to find out what I wanted:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216903

Jul 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 12
thank you, that definitely helped me out a lot.

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 12
sorry about the double post. how good would the zune headphone out drive 750/2500's? it looks like coming up i'll be able to only get one or the other coming up, more expences have come up and it looks like i'll be splitting an apartment with my girlfriend, so i'll only be able to do the phones or amp, and i think the phones would be the first upgrade i'd like to do. i'd just like to know how powerful the headphone out on the zune is, and if its powerful enough to drive the proline 750's(or 2500's but i would think if it gets onwee it would do the other.)

Jul 19, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received a Meier Cord Move portable amp today. I will pair it with my son's 2500s and post in a few days. I suspect it will be a fine marriage.

*is jealous*

Jul 20, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #12 of 12
awesome, sounds like the PROlines sound good out of lots of things, awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back