Project Phonobox or Bellari VP129?
Aug 11, 2005 at 8:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ReDVsion

Headphoneus Supremus
I've got a Project II turntable which I'm going to fit with a Grado Prestige Red cart in the near future, and I'm wondering which of these stages would match best with the combo. I've heard great things about the Bellari, but I also heard that it works best with more neutral-sounding carts, and I have no idea what category the Grado would fall under. Also, although I love the sound of tube gear, I despise the idea of replacing tubes. Where would I get replacements for the Bellari should its tube burn out?

Aug 12, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #2 of 3
Bump. Even if anyone has any assumptions on what I ought to get (despite not having heard either piece of equipment), I'm all ears.

Aug 12, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Either stage should be perfectly suited to your set up. I'm not really a big tube fan but whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't worry too much about replacement tubes as they are still being made by Svetlana in Russia, Shuguang in China and GEC in England amongst others.
Indeed such was the demand for tubes that when Western Electric in the US decided to go back into production a few years back they had to pull a load of guys out of retirement to get the plant up and running again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back