Progressive music and its detractors
Feb 27, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 30
Um, what's the big deal if someone like Prog music?
confused.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
confused.gif

Exactly.

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:57 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

confused.gif

....as I now sit outside on my patio...listening to a Dream Theatre composite MD on a MZ-E900....with a JMT Altoid....oh my,....oh my......oh my,.......

Feb 27, 2002 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
There's this one guy that has something against me (actually, he has something against all proggers, but for some reason, he singles me out by name)...

A-ha! I've found you, Dusty Chalk! You should NEVER have admitted to being on this board!!!!!

Neener neener neener!

wink.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
A-ha! I've found you, Dusty Chalk! You should NEVER have admitted to being on this board!!!!!

Neener neener neener!

wink.gif

Although you do share one similar trait -- your incessantness -- as demonstrated on that frickin' digital thread -- you are not him. At least when you "debunk myths", you try and make sure you are technically correct.

Believe me, you are not him.

Feb 27, 2002 at 6:19 PM Post #9 of 30
The Oscar for the funniest sentence on Head-Fi this week goes to Peter aka Dusty Chalk for: "Believe me, you are not him."

(No greetings from Munich and no "Manfred / lini"-signature this time, because lini's still laughing!)

((Well, actually, I'm searching for the smoking thing that I lost my grip on, because I was laughing...))

(((Ok, done!)))

Greetings and wide grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Our new cash is really Eurotic!
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
At least when you "debunk myths", you try and make sure you are technically correct.

Okay, now I'm confused... are you saying your nemesis is trying to "debunk myths?" If so, what could that possibly have to do with prog rock fans?

Feb 27, 2002 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

confused.gif

It's amazing that I take everyone's advice on *how* to listen to music when I completely disagree on *what* to listen to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2002 at 8:53 PM Post #12 of 30
Dusty: That's terrible........prog is just another form of rock (not really, it's more like the best
wink.gif
but that's for a different thread) - what is with some people?

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by Russ Arcuri
Okay, now I'm confused... are you saying your nemesis is trying to "debunk myths?" If so, what could that possibly have to do with prog rock fans?

Nononono, you're the myth debunker. He...he just does what he does, I wouldn't call it myth debunking. Some people would say he's just being funny (my ex-gf, not a progger), but I would call it just perpetuating hate.

A little bit of background is in order: he used to listen to prog. He also used to do drugs. He gave up both at the same time, so he associates the two. I, personally, don't (never did drugs, always loved prog). But, like someone who recently turned their life around, they feel like everyone should get on the same boat. I guess. I don't rightly know. I would prefer not to completely understand. I'll just stay away.

Feb 28, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #14 of 30
Er...pardon my ignorance, what does Prog music sound like? Got MP3 sample anyone?

Feb 28, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally posted by ILoveGrado
Er...pardon my ignorance, what does Prog music sound like? Got MP3 sample anyone?

Yes, Rush, Dream Theater, Marillion, numerous others. Many would argue that Rush or Yes aren't prog rock, and many of their albums aren't. But some Rush and Yes could be considered prog rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back