Program to make beats?
Jul 1, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 19
I find lots of people like Fruitiloops. There are quite a few forums out there with people setting up weekly competitions at the best beats made through fruitiloops. Run a search on it.

Im positive there are others out there, but this is the only one ive been familiar with. There is a free trial of this (you cant save, but you can use all the features i think) and then you can buy the full version.

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 19
If you want the ultimate in simple to use along with some extra functionality if you want or need it you really can do worse than the newer versions of eJay. People with any real degree of skill or musical skill will of course deride you utterly, but you can always throw cakes at them.

Drag and drop, instant beats.

If you want just beats but want to build them ground up, then the Redrum computer in Reason is much more versatile powerful and easier to use than the eJay drum computer.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 19
Magix Music Maker. My friend made soo many beats from it I can link you a few beats right now. You can get it at your local Fry's electronics for around $10 after like a $30 rebate.
tongue.gif

Hold on attaching link soon. There are monthly updates of beats so you'll never get the same beats over and over!
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, I'll PM it to you. I don't want it going around
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 19
Man, I know it's not super simple but I highly recommend Reason. You can find 1-2 hour tutorials if you look a little, and books abound. The extra flexibility it affords can really transform your beats from something only you enjoy to something extraordinary.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 19
I'm going to try some of those programs and see what is fairly simple, since I am new to it.

@chickengod,

Ill check that program out, I'm listening to the ones you sent me, and that's alot like what I want to try.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I know it's not super simple but I highly recommend Reason. You can find 1-2 hour tutorials if you look a little, and books abound. The extra flexibility it affords can really transform your beats from something only you enjoy to something extraordinary.

X2 on this comment, reason is really the best i have ever used and i used a lot. It is not for dummy and it take time to understand fully, but in the end you will be making mad beat with reason. If you are into recording get CuBase and than there is easy way to make them two program work together and create miracle. Good luck with that!

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 19
What is it that studios use?

Jul 1, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 19
Depends -- most studios I've been to don't use many soft synths in house. 90% of everything I've seen is Reason and Ableton Live, or just plugins.

Really, decent producers use the Akai MPC series for most of their beats.

Jul 1, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to try some of those programs and see what is fairly simple, since I am new to it.

@chickengod,

Ill check that program out, I'm listening to the ones you sent me, and that's alot like what I want to try.

Cool. It is fairly simple. All you do is drag and drop the beats onto a timeline
tongue.gif

Which one was your "favorite" if you had one?
tongue.gif
I liked #2 and good beat

Jul 1, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #13 of 19
drumkit.jpg

very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, Fruityloops is ok I guess (I could never stand it) and Propellerhead's ReBirth is about as basic as it gets (and really does have a great old school analogue sound to it), but for unadulterated beat making madness, you are doing yourself a great disservice by not going with Reason.

Jul 1, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
drumkit.jpg

very_evil_smiley.gif

I wish that is how I could do it. But I just can't get my body to go with the rhythm that is in my mind.

I'll spend a few weeks with something basic before moving up most likely.

Jul 2, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll spend a few weeks with something basic before moving up most likely.

You're doing yourself a real disservice here. Every program has a vastly different interface, so in your attempts to get acclimated to making beats you might be locking yourself into a program. Each of them is like a foreign language, so it's best to just start learning the one you want to end up speaking, rather than going through a back door. I really can't recommend Reason 3.0 highly enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back