Program that simulates 5.1 in headphones?
Sep 22, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase
Dude, this is getting WAY more complicated than it needs to be...

Do you have a retail version of the card? If so, do you still have the installation CD that came with it?

sorry, i dont know. i bought it from local market at some white box. (not original box) and i dont have installation CD anymore, lost it.

Sep 22, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3Xa
sorry, i dont know. i bought it from local market at some white box. (not original box) and i dont have installation CD anymore, lost it.

Ok. Starting from scratch (everything including drivers uninstalled), can you install the unified BETA drivers released yesterday on Creative's website? If not, perhaps you have some kind of unsupported OEM card...

Sep 22, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #20 of 35
i didnt remove previous drivers, and yes, i installed the latest beta one's.
(Driver Version: 5.12.10.1162)
but the problem is still it doesnt support any 5.1 channel. if i put 3 speaker cables behind card, then it does nothing, i mean only 1 (Front) cable works - others doesnt make any sound difference and reverse speakers aren't workind. same story with 5.1 headphones - only 1 cable (Front) works, other making nothing.

if i remember clearly, then kX drivers some build made 5.1 to work.

Sep 22, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 35
What you want is upmixing to 5.1 - I think CMMS can do that. Have you tried some native 5.1 material, like from a DVD (with the player software set up correctly)?

Sep 23, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
What you want is upmixing to 5.1 - I think CMMS can do that. Have you tried some native 5.1 material, like from a DVD (with the player software set up correctly)?

yeah, but when i use CMSS (virtual surround), then it upmixes headphones 2 channels to 5.1. i mean like other 4 channels are waste of money then? also the vibration aren't working when u use 2 channels with CMSS.

edit: the card i bought from white box has Audigy 4 remote instead of Audigy 2 original remote. Controller box seems to be original.

Sep 23, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #23 of 35
Are you even setting the speaker settings to 5.1? What kind of material are you playing back?

For a basic Audigy 2 install, do the following:

1) Remove EVERYTHING - ie. uninstall ALL drivers and software.
2) Download the new Beta drivers and the Audio Console application.
3) Install the Beta drivers and reboot.
4) Install the Audio Console and reboot.
5) Use the Audio Console to switch between speaker modes (headphones, 2-speaker, 5.1, etc.), turn CMSS on/off, etc.

Go to Creative's website and read the info in the knowledgebase about the Audigy 2. Here is a page with some good info about CMSS. I don't know what kind of info they have in other languages (you can change your Country in the top right corner of the page).

Sep 23, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #24 of 35
okay, i installed everything, downloaded Audigy 2 ZS CD Installation, patched with ctcomp.exe and installed package. after that installed latest beta drivers and audio console - restarted.

still, soundcard provides me only stereo channel? :s
i mean i can connect only 1 cable (front) behind soundcard (speakers), because if i connect two other (reverse and sub cabs), then it makes no sound difference - no surround! i have configured all settings to 5.1

same story with 5.1 headphones - i connect only 1 cable (front) cab, because 2 others wont make any sound difference. oh, forgot, that if i put that front cable cab to reverse or sub, then some sound comes out, but if i connect reverse or sub cable, then NOTHING.

can someone explain me what's wrong? is my soundcard practically broken?

Sep 23, 2005 at 7:04 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

okay, i installed everything, downloaded Audigy 2 ZS CD Installation, patched with ctcomp.exe and installed package. after that installed latest beta drivers and audio console - restarted.

i mean i can connect only 1 cable (front) behind soundcard (speakers), because if i connect two other (reverse and sub cabs), then it makes no sound difference - no surround! i have configured all settings to 5.1

same story with 5.1 headphones - i connect only 1 cable (front) cab, because 2 others wont make any sound difference. oh, forgot, that if i put that front cable cab to reverse or sub, then some sound comes out, but if i connect reverse or sub cable, then NOTHING.

EDIT: FIXED TO THE RIGHT MODEL

From Audigy 2 Platinum eX Getting Started:

aud2spkr0dj.jpg

[size=xx-small]IF NEEDED AUDIGY PLATINUM EX WIRING CHART
Taken from Audigy eX User's Guide]http://fi.europe.creative.com/suppor...er's Guide:

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5070/audspkr7dy.jpg
http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/9964/audspkr26mq.jpg[/size]

NOTE: If you installed (all) the ZS software, you can adjust output channels separately by using THX console.

Also, have you set Creative Speaker Settings panel Synchronized with Control Panel?

jiitee

Sep 23, 2005 at 7:26 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

What kind of sound are you playing exactly? Music, movie, game, other?

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase
What kind of sound are you playing exactly? Music, movie, game, other?

i have tried with Half-life 2, DVD movies (also DVDr) etc.
Colin McRae Rally 2005 @ EAX 4

i mean, no surround, only Front channel works.. other cables are useless. there's gotta be something on.
as i told when i put Front cable cab into Center, then some sound comes, but wrongly - left front channel voice comes back and front right channel comes from center, center (sub) comes from front right channel etc.
edit: jiteeppe, this manual is for Audigy Platinum eX, not Audigy 2 Platinum eX.

Sep 23, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #28 of 35
Just to make sure you have everything right...

There should be 3 outputs on the back of your card with symbols that looks something like this:
((--))-->

The are labeled 1, 2, and 3. The 1st is the front left and front right channels, the second is the rear left and rear right channels, the third is the center and subwoofer channels.

Try playing this 6-channel test file (the download link is on the right side of the page). If it still doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

If you are using the Medusa set to test this, note that I have heard rumors that the center and subwoofer channels are actually swapped on the Medusa. This means that a test signal sent to the center channel will actually be sent to the "subwoofer" channel and the test signal sent to the "subwoofer" channel will actually be sent to the center channel. If this is the case, you may have to swap the channels somehow, perhaps by using the stereo->RCA and RCA->stereo cables included with the Medusas such that the sub/center signals are swapped.

To test the virtual surround function, configure you speaker settings to headphones (either in the Creative speaker settings control panel or the Audio Console app), turn on CMSS in the control panel (NOT the external I/O drive), and hook up normal stereo headphones to the front left/right output of the soundcard. When playing back the 6-channel test, the rear channels should be "virtualized" on your stereo headphones.

Sep 23, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

i left front channel voice comes back and front right channel comes from center, center (sub) comes from front right channel etc.

Based on this, it seems like you have the cables hooked up wrong.

Sep 23, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 35
yeah, i have connected them correctly.
i mean green cable is in 1 and other's in two other aperture.
(same story with Medusa aplifier)

i mean, i can take off other two, because no sound difference anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back