Program that simulates 5.1 in headphones?
Sep 15, 2005 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

h3Xa

New Head-Fier
so, i am going to buy some headphones and have Audigy 2, but i'd like to know is there any application that simulates 5.1 in headphones.

I know that if you have AC'97 type integrated card, then you convert it over to SoundMAX 3.0 and download Sensaura Virtual Ear, what simulates 5.1 very nicely.

Still i haven't found any type of program in stand-alone soundcards.. I heard that Dolby Headphone is not available for download, but you get it with some receiver's or Dolby stuff.

Thanks for answering.

Sep 16, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomase
Umm... the Audigy 2 already has such functionality. Its called CMSS. Set your speaker settings to headphones and turn on CMSS.

yeah, well my socket 478 P4 is not really acceptable to Audigy 2, so i ask, is CMSS working with WDM driver only?

i have Audigy 2 Platinum eX and that Controller Box has CMSS function turned on, but i dont know is it working, when you dont have whole Audigy driver package installed? (which i cant install)

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by h3Xa
yeah, well my socket 478 P4 is not really acceptable to Audigy 2, so i ask, is CMSS working with WDM driver only?

i have Audigy 2 Platinum eX and that Controller Box has CMSS function turned on, but i dont know is it working, when you dont have whole Audigy driver package installed? (which i cant install)

?

About CMMS.

Latest (all) Audigy series drivers can be found @ station-drivers
Install them using CTZAPXX.EXE found on "audigy 2.08 xp32-64bits-whql\Drivers\support\i386" -folder (when extracted using winrar to "audigy 2.08 xp32-64bits-whql" -folder). Just install these (no uninstallation needed) and also you need to allow installation program to overwrite existing shared Creative audio drivers.

jiitee

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:46 PM Post #7 of 35
and when i have installed these WDM-s, i should installe that:

audigy 2_08_0002.exe?

edit: will this driver install any EAX 4 support as well? or i must download EAX support somwhere else?

ps. i cant install Audigy Control Panels etc.. things.

edit2: I downloaded from Creative homepage EAX Console for my soundcard (EAXCONSP021213) and when i install, it says: Setup did not detect the required components.
Setup will exit.

why cant i install it? yes, it its 2002 app, but is there any way i can install EAX Console?

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:18 PM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

why cant i install it? yes, it its 2002 app, but is there any way i can install EAX Console?

I don't understand. Why can't you install the drivers?

Sep 16, 2005 at 1:20 PM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

I don't understand. Why can't you install the drivers?

i can install these WDM drivers that jiiteeppe offered, but i cant install EAX Console.. (read my edit2):

I downloaded from Creative homepage EAX Console for my soundcard (EAXCONSP021213) and when i install, it says: Setup did not detect the required components.
Setup will exit.

Sep 16, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

i can install these WDM drivers that jiiteeppe offered, but i cant install EAX Console.. (read my edit2):

I downloaded from Creative homepage EAX Console for my soundcard (EAXCONSP021213) and when i install, it says: Setup did not detect the required components.
Setup will exit.

Drivers:
This driver package from station-drivers contains only drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows. Just install them using the method I described already.

EAX Console installation:
What if you install software from your driver/software CD first (the one bundled with your card). You find the installation at Audio\EaxCon\ -folder. Just run teh setup.exe.

That EAX console you got from Creative support is an update, so it might need something to update!!. If you don't have this CD you can find a link to download it @ Driver Heaven Forum.

jiitee

Sep 16, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Do you have an OEM version of the Audigy 2? If not, you should be able to install the software...

If you can't install directly, then by using THIS utility you be able to install even Audigy 2 Zs drivers/software to your Audigy 1 & 2 card. You need to extract your driver/software CD to your hard disk, run the ctcomp.exe and point it to look the file to be patched from Audio\Drivers -folder (when you install from CD rip, - or - root folder if you install that package I mentioned on my previous posts. The file been patched is inside the data1.cab.

jiitee

Sep 17, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #13 of 35
CMMS can be set on/off using CTPanel and Creative Audio Console.

CTPanel can be found on driver installation package (like on those already mentioned here). It is also copied to Program Files\Creative\<card name>\Program\WDM\COMMON -folder

Audio Console can be found on Creative Support.

jiitee

Sep 22, 2005 at 10:58 AM Post #14 of 35
i bought that Medusa 5.1 for testing purposal only and now i understand what's wrong with Audigy 2 - it doesn't have any surround
confused.gif

headphones has Aplifier box where you put 3 cables into Input and other 3 cables behind the soundcard. but i can put only 1 cable cap to Frond/Rear/Center, because if i put 2 other cables, then no sound difference..

what i want to say is that only stereo channel works with that car. tried Hercules XPS 5.100 speakers and Medusa 5.1 headphones..

sorry for my bad english, but please, can someone tell me step-by-step what should i do to install whole drivers etc. things to get card work correctly. (all uninstall steps [device manager] etc.)

thank you!
edit: does any Audigy 2 Installation CD (A2ZS) works with Platinum eX? Becausr there's only ZS installation CD in net.

Sep 22, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

i bought that Medusa 5.1 for testing purposal only and now i understand what's wrong with Audigy 2 - it doesn't have any surround
confused.gif

headphones has Aplifier box where you put 3 cables into Input and other 3 cables behind the soundcard. but i can put only 1 cable cap to Frond/Rear/Center, because if i put 2 other cables, then no sound difference..

what i want to say is that only stereo channel works with that car. tried Hercules XPS 5.100 speakers and Medusa 5.1 headphones..

sorry for my bad english, but please, can someone tell me step-by-step what should i do to install whole drivers etc. things to get card work correctly. (all uninstall steps [device manager] etc.)

thank you!
edit: does any Audigy 2 Installation CD (A2ZS) works with Platinum eX? Becausr there's only ZS installation CD in net.

You need to patch ZS installer to get programs installed (eg. you need installation CD to be extracted on your HD!! Here is described the method to do this all.

Yo can find all audigy 1 & 2 (+ X-Fi) CD's hetefrom.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back