Prog rock
May 4, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #4,456 of 4,467
I've got this queued up next!

Currently jamming to:

1714744514194.png
Good shout, I'm really impressed with this, what an amazing lineup of musicians!

May 4, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #4,457 of 4,467
Using Road Salt One by Pain of Salvation as a seed, I went on a roon radio safari this evening and discovered a French prog-rock/metal band I've never heard of and took an instant liking to. They are called Klone and the album is Meanwhile and yes, the vocals are in English. They have ten albums on Qobuz so I have a lot of listening to do. :darthsmile:

meanwhile.jpg
@rids57
I’m getting back to this one again for a closer listen- good find! Wondering if you had time to check out the other releases on Qobuz and which you found to be the best-

May 5, 2024 at 3:03 AM Post #4,458 of 4,467
@rids57
I’m getting back to this one again for a closer listen- good find! Wondering if you had time to check out the other releases on Qobuz and which you found to be the best-
No, sadly I got dragged on to someone else and didn't get around to listening to the rest of their albums - finding new music can be a nuisance sometimes. Thanks for reminding me though, I will get back to these today.

I've been working backwards through their discography and honestly really couldn't pick a favourite, the four I've listened to have all been superb.
Going back a bit further, it seems that their early albums were heavier and less proggy

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #4,461 of 4,467
Another happy find whilst listening to roon radio tonight, this time it's Artifacts by Mother Of Millions, a Greek prog-rock/metal band that sound extremely good. Three albums and an EP available on Qobuz and I imagine the other streamers will have the same, well worth a listen.

artifacts.jpg

May 6, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #4,463 of 4,467
It's quite ironic that I should find Godsticks, a rather excellent prog-metal band I've never heard of on a roon safari - they come from Cardiff in South Wales, just 10 miles from where I'm sitting. The album, their most recent, is called This Is What A Winner Looks Like and it's rather tasty, good vocals, chugging guitars, just what the doctor ordered. They have six albums available on Qobuz, so plenty of listening in store.

thisiswhatawinnerlookslike.jpg

May 6, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #4,464 of 4,467
It's quite ironic that I should find Godsticks, a rather excellent prog-metal band I've never heard of on a roon safari - they come from Cardiff in South Wales, just 10 miles from where I'm sitting. The album, their most recent, is called This Is What A Winner Looks Like and it's rather tasty, good vocals, chugging guitars, just what the doctor ordered. They have six albums available on Qobuz, so plenty of listening in store.

thisiswhatawinnerlookslike.jpg
Many of the bands you've been discovering lately have played at Progpower Europe. Might be worth checking out their past lineups. But sooner or later you'll run into them through Roon as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back