professional pcdp anyone? :)
Sep 4, 2001 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

lini

Thought the last line in Citizen Kane was nosebud.
Surfing on the web can sometimes be very interesting. Maybe you'd like to have a look at this:
http://www.superscope-marantzpro.com/Superscope/PSD.htm

Juicy headphone output shouldn't be a problem there.
wink.gif
Looks a little bulky, though...

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / lini

Sep 4, 2001 at 7:35 AM Post #2 of 12
Hehe, well a 6000OSE is also portable.
After all...You can carry it, right? (some even carry two of these plus two amps
biggrin.gif
)

My favourite part was this, though

Quote:

Speaker Output Power 400mW (Dist. 10%)

Bye

Redwoood

Sep 5, 2001 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 12
Well, I like it. I wonder if you can actually use it while on the road, or walking, like a real portable. It is obviously too big to go to the gym, but if it can take a walk, then I guess it's fine. I wonder if the Headroom portable would look like this one.

Sep 6, 2001 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 12
Onix: They offer an additional rechargable pack, I think. But if I remember that right, only the bigger unit PSD230 has antishock memory...

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / lini

Sep 6, 2001 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 12
Lini, I have just printed the owners manual and I can't find any reference to anti-skip protection. I guess I'll have to e-mail this people and check it out. This player seems like a good thing to use as a portable transport or connected to something like the Cosmic or the Grado amp. At least it will keep me focused on saving money until Headroom produces their audiophile portable.

Sep 7, 2001 at 12:52 AM Post #6 of 12
They both have 10 seconds antiskip. I just jumped that page. Sorry. At around 400 dollars, the cheaper model has more features than the most expensive Sony, and even has an optional infrared remote control. Very cool. I wonder how it sounds.

Sep 7, 2001 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 12
Sorry, Onix, I have no idea, what it sounds like. I have a feeling, that it sounds really good, but at the moment I have no intention to buy yet another pcdp. My suitcase will be rather cramped, anyway, on my way back - and my apartment already looks more like a consumer electronics storage than a human dwelling...
wink.gif
)) And I haven't even set up my new maratz stuff at home... <sigh>

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / lini

Sep 7, 2001 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 12
I saw this once, but didn't think much of it (I figured it wasn't really for portable use, but you could take it places or something). Now I'm also curious...

Sep 9, 2001 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 12
Except for this two here:

http://www.superscope-marantzpro.com...cope/Kynch.htm

http://www.superscope-marantzpro.com.../jazztimes.htm

They are very positive as you can see. I am more inclined to give value to the one on jazztimes, since I think is more determined from a music quality point of view than that of the music professional on the first one. I tried to find some negative reviews, but can't seem to find any.

Maybe someone I Illinois, since the company is based on Aurora, can check this out. Or maybe good old Pablo can go and check it where he saw it the last time
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I am starting to think that it looks pretty cool, and those analog and digital outs seem to give it hope for years and years of compatibility.

Sep 9, 2001 at 1:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Ah! Now I see.
biggrin.gif
. I thougt you saw it in a store somewhere. I'll check if one of the professional music stores down here has it, and see if they let me audition it.

Sep 9, 2001 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 12
Onix: Good plan - and please feel free to tell us about the results...
wink.gif

Greetings from SF!

Manfred / Lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back