ProDJ100 - headphone plug too small
Jan 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

fierostetz

New Head-Fier
I tried googling about for this with the prodj100 and came up dry, not sure on the phrasing. If it was the matter of a simple google search, please let me know how you phrased it :|

Basically, I bought some ProDJ100's after reading the thread on head-fi. I got them and they sounded awful, regardless of what device I used, what amp I used - nothing helped. The other day I dug them out of a drawer and decided to give them another shot - if I plug them in and push the plug in really hard they work fine, or if I push the plug to the side. Sound quite good, actually. This issue persists across any device I try.

I find it very odd that a set of 'phones came brand-new with a plug that was... too small? Is there any reason not to clip off the end and replace it with, say, a radio shack stereo jack or something like that? Any input is welcomed. I usually use my sony mdr-v6 or koss pro4aa's at home, but I want to keep the prodj100's at work (they're light, breathe better, and don't feel like a car is parked on my head(pro4aa!).

Thanks all!

Sidebar - I love LOVE the threads about the cheap monoprice headphones. I had added some a long time ago (basically, one pair of each) to pad out an order for free shipping and always thought they sounded far better than their sticker price :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back