Prodigy VS Juli@ VS AUdiopile 192........
Aug 4, 2005 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kytuphicanh

Member of the Trade: DIY Amp Builder - AKA tranhieu
Banned: Multiple Profiles & Incomplete Sales
I compare these card not much to say and the result is not like most of you think:

I hear Prodigy 1 week and Prodigy LT near 1 month......

ESI VS 192 : ESI Juli@ much better with strong bass,deeper sound,this card is really very good.......192 like you put more echo on sound

but the winner is Prodigy 7.1 LT,this card produce perfect sound and with a headamp buildin with price under 100$,control panel is better .Anyway Prodigy LT have problem with some AMD user with Qsound so Prodigy non LT is recommend but if you just use headphone,this is the best choice(audiotrak say LT is their music card)

I want to say that test,RMA or noise is meaningless, you have a good voice not mean you are a good singer!

Aug 4, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kytuphicanh
I compare these card not much to say and the result is not like most of you think:

I hear Prodigy 1 week and Prodigy LT near 1 month......

ESI VS 192 : ESI Juli@ much better with strong bass,deeper sound,this card is really very good.......192 like you put more echo on sound

but the winner is Prodigy 7.1 LT,this card produce perfect sound and with a headamp buildin with price under 100$,control panel is better .Anyway Prodigy LT have problem with some AMD user with Qsound so Prodigy non LT is recommend but if you just use headphone,this is the best choice(audiotrak say LT is their music card)

I want to say that test,RMA or noise is meaningless, you have a good voice not mean you are a good singer!

Yeah, one likes the daughter and the other one likes her mother.

Actually, Prodigy 7.1 is quite good multimedia sound card as Grigory Liadov's measures shows

AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 - http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...y71/index.html

and the LT version of it, ..., well, on manufacturers www-site it's stated clearly, it's the best card they ever manufactured

"With this continuous upgrade, AUDIOTRAK Prodigy 7.1 LT will be the best sound card in the world now and ever".
icon10.gif

but sill ...

ESI Juli@ - http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...lia/index.html

and how it's with AP192 measures ... (waiting pliiiiis)?

<link missing>

jiitee

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma
*wonders if the echo effect is what you call "soundstage"
biggrin.gif
*I'm a an audiophile noob myself*

Soundstaging IMHO has more to do with the perceived width of sound field. (Then, the precision of instrument placement therein is also important.) This is best tested with a recording that pans instruments fairly far to the left and right (not to Beatles levels tho...), and you need cans with good soundstaging or preferably good near-field monitors. If you happen to have a Creative card around (Audigy 2ZS or Live! 24-Bit, or anything else using the same output stage) and another known-good card to compare, it won't be difficult to hear the Creative card's very narrow soundstage.

I'd sure love to hear both the Juli@ and AP192 myself... ah well, I guess that'll have to wait until I'm not longer as broke.
wink.gif

kytuphicanh: How did the "regular" Prodigy 7.1 fare, in your opinion? What kind of equipment did you use to judge the cards?

Aug 4, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

How did the "regular" Prodigy 7.1 fare, in your opinion? What kind of equipment did you use to judge the cards?

Ultrasone Hfi 550 and AKG 271S
orphsmile.gif
I hear these card through Headamp and without headamp (192 without Headamp really can not compare with Juli@
biggrin.gif
)

I am prepare sell Prodigy when I take 192 on hand but after 1 day I think I should .........
orphsmile.gif

PS: Juli@ is a excellent design card

Aug 4, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kytuphicanh
Ultrasone Hfi 550 and AKG 271S
orphsmile.gif
I hear these card through Headamp and without headamp (192 without Headamp really can not compare with Juli@
biggrin.gif
)

I am prepare sell Prodigy when I take 192 on hand but after 1 day I think I should .........
orphsmile.gif

PS: Juli@ is a excellent design card

On RMAA measures, Juli@, Prodigy 7.1 and supposely Audiophile192 too are better at 16-bit (44.1 and 48 kHz) than

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/lynxtwo/

but ...

what a big difference on 24-bit 'resolution'.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back