Headphoneus Supremus
6th time to top the charts!

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32189450

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 16
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 16
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB_nKpEkILs

Apr 6, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 16
I wanted to start a new thread or bring an old thread alive for this album. I'm liking it more than I was expecting to so far. Even though I would still like a Liam only album, it's great to have some new Prodigy! Kind of want that Record Store Day exclusive glow in the dark 45 of "Ibiza". :)

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 16
I wanted to start a new thread or bring an old thread alive for this album. I'm liking it more than I was expecting to so far. Even though I would still like a Liam only album, it's great to have some new Prodigy! Kind of want that Record Store Day exclusive glow in the dark 45 of "Ibiza". :)

I have not really been following the band's music so the last CD I had was purchased in the early 1990's. This new album does have a nice retro vibe and some nice energy !

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 16
I have not really been following the band's music so the last CD I had was purchased in the early 1990's. This new album does have a nice retro vibe and some nice energy !

It does sound a lot like "Invaders Must Die" so you might like that one too. I can even hear some things that sound recycled but I don't mind. Like the little bell sound from Omen and get your Fight on sounds a bit like "Take Me to the Hospital" but better. It's weird that it does sound retro while at the same time being louder and more modern. To me anyways. I still  think Wild Frontier's intro sounds like Kraftwerk or something. It's a good thing they lied about quitting back in the day. Always Outnumbered But Never Outgunned took a while to grow on me but I don't think its as bad as others say it is.

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 16
It does sound a lot like "Invaders Must Die" so you might like that one too. I can even hear some things that sound recycled but I don't mind. Like the little bell sound from Omen and get your Fight on sounds a bit like "Take Me to the Hospital" but better. It's weird that it does sound retro while at the same time being louder and more modern. To me anyways. I still  think Wild Frontier's intro sounds like Kraftwerk or something. It's a good thing they lied about quitting back in the day. Always Outnumbered But Never Outgunned took a while to grow on me but I don't think its as bad as others say it is.

I have fond memories of getting The Prodigy Experience CD in 1992. The CD was an import as the band was an unknown in the US then. The great stuff you used to learn about from underground radio.

There is a little of that first record sunk way down deep in this new album. Maybe it is the samples?

Apr 6, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 16
I became a fan when I heard Breathe. I didn't really like Firestarter and still think its over rated. Then on vacation in London I picked up  Experience and Music for the Jilted Generation and as many singles as I could and found out that I already knew Out of Space from MTV. There could be some old samples mixed in there but I didn't think they went that far back. To me Wall of Death sounds a lot like this.

Apr 6, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #9 of 16
The alternative Canadian radio station I listen to has a DJ from England who has a short daily segment at 3pm called Tea Time where he plays a song from the UK. Today he chose The Prodigy - Wild Frontier and just talked about the album being their 6th number 1. I only just turned the radio on too. He was pretty excited as well. I don't want to get burned out but I might have to listen to it again today.

Apr 12, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #12 of 16
  is it just me od last two Prodigy releases sound kinda oldschoolish, ravish in a classic way? invader must die was indeed great. the new one - for me is still to early to say

Lots of people on youtube and at least one person on here say the same so its not just you but to me it doesn't. Yeah I can hear it in there mixed with the more modern louder sound. Maybe because I never was into the rave thing? Unless people are considering Firestarter and Breathe as old school. This album has grown on me faster than the last one even though its more of the kind of thing I didn't think I wanted. I guess I thought wrong! Im still wanting that glow in the dark 7" Ibiza, just for that instrumental but $10 is too much so maybe iTunes later? :)

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #13 of 16
when i wrote "olshoolish" i wasn't thinking firestarter nor breath to be honest :p more like "Experience" days :p nevertheless great songs and i see them as the prodigy's signature sound.

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 16
I haven't really followed the band frome the early rave days till now, still after listening to the album everyday, I sort of think they wanted to make a record that is them. They didn't want to be like Korn and copy the latest IDM. They wanted to make an original album.

I'm sure there are a bunch of band interviews out there where they state the direction they are going for? I just listen to an album for a time and don't really try to find out a ton of extra information other than just listening to the music.

The old school stuff is there but today maybe with the technology they have a much denser sound. In 1992 they were more simple than this album, still at the time it seemed like a technological wonder and maybe still does. Still now we have more stuff going on. IMO

I think the album has a great over all sound. It's a grand sound, still not giving up that underground edge?

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 16
Oh it looks like I should be getting that Record Store Day single after all! Looking forward to a better Ibiza without Keith, although I do enjoy the part that sounds like he sticks his tongue out. "What's he screwing doing? 
tongue_smile.gif
"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back