Process upon receiving my Sennheiser HD 555's
Dec 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DouglasW

New Head-Fier
I just purchased my Sennheiser HD 555's yesterday, and they will be here some time within the week. This is my first pair of actual high quality headphones, coming from some extremely cheap earphones. What should I do upon receiving the headphones, so I can fully appreciate high quality audio for the first time?
dt880smile.png

Dec 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 7
Make sure you have all your music in a lossless format, even if it means importing all your CD's again.

You might want to burn them in a little before you listen for the first time, but personally I think its more fun to observe the change as you listen to your music. Running medium volume music through them overnight for a week will get them burnt in quite well.

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 7
Press PLAY, relax, and enjoy! From what I've read, you might find the bass lacking the first time you listen to it but it eventually gets better. 100 Hours of play time would complete the burn in process. Happy Listening!

Dec 24, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What should I do upon receiving the headphones, so I can fully appreciate high quality audio for the first time?
dt880smile.png

Spend more money on a better source and amp. And then burn in for at least 4 days before listening. Use at least a CD quality format. How much money were you looking to spend to fully appreciate high quality audio for the first time with your HD555?

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 7
I just got mine today. Planning on listening through the burn-in. Sound quality reminds me of my Creative EP-630s, but it's less immediate and more airy. It might also be more detailed.

Dec 24, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Ive had a few headphones and most of them were brand new. The most noticeable difference in sound quality after "burn in" was with the HD555.

All of the other have come and gone (SR225 and HD650 are among the bunch) and the HD555 have always been a keeper. I think they are great introduction to the hoby and will be a HUGE jump from any previous non-audiophile equipment.

Listen to them since hour 0, you will be impressed by the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back