Problems with Teac UD-301 and JRiver
Sep 13, 2016 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FraserJ90

New Head-Fier
So I've bought a Teac UD-301. I followed the instructions and installed the driver before connecting it to the PC via USB. I have my internal sound card set as the default device so no Windows sounds go through the Teac device. I have set the audio output in JRiver to the Teac asio driver.

Sometimes it plays songs but sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the Teac doesn't even appear in the list of sound devices and I have to turn it off and on again to get it to show.

When it does play, it will work for a little bit but changing song, or skipping the track makes the DAC just cut out.

I connected it via the optical port from the optical out on my motherboard and had the same issues, so this isn't a problem relating to the USB input.

Another thing that's weird, is that when it does work, I notice the output to be extremely loud, as if it's amplifying the signal. I have it connected via XLR straight to powered monitors and even at quarter volume on the Teac it's much much louder than previous DACs I've used with built in pre-amp. I don't even have the gain set to 0db on my speakers. Saying that, the sound is fantastic. Very detailed and I haven't heard the low end sound so good on these speakers.

Any comments would be very much welcome.

(oh, and I'm using windows 10).

Sep 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 3
I think you should start over and remove drivers . You need to go into bios maybe and disable the onboard sound card . I had a problem when both were available .

May 10, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 3
So I've bought a Teac UD-301. I followed the instructions and installed the driver before connecting it to the PC via USB. I have my internal sound card set as the default device so no Windows sounds go through the Teac device. I have set the audio output in JRiver to the Teac asio driver.

Sometimes it plays songs but sometimes it doesn't and sometimes the Teac doesn't even appear in the list of sound devices and I have to turn it off and on again to get it to show.

When it does play, it will work for a little bit but changing song, or skipping the track makes the DAC just cut out.

I connected it via the optical port from the optical out on my motherboard and had the same issues, so this isn't a problem relating to the USB input.

Another thing that's weird, is that when it does work, I notice the output to be extremely loud, as if it's amplifying the signal. I have it connected via XLR straight to powered monitors and even at quarter volume on the Teac it's much much louder than previous DACs I've used with built in pre-amp. I don't even have the gain set to 0db on my speakers. Saying that, the sound is fantastic. Very detailed and I haven't heard the low end sound so good on these speakers.

Any comments would be very much welcome.

(oh, and I'm using windows 10).
Only the original driver version has the aiso component to allow the computer to control it. Uninstall your driver. Unplug the usb. Then install the original version of the driver. Then plug in the USB connection and turn the device on should fix it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back