Problems with Shure e5c's and Sony
Jan 17, 2006 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

djfunz

New Head-Fier
Well its my first time posting here after doing some reading for a while and this site seems to really be a great source for finding info on some of the tougher info to find on the net. first ill start off by saying i just purchased the shure e5c's before i even discovered this site. i did a lot of review reading on amazon and other sites before i commited to these canal phones. i have a very large collection of mp3s ive ripped over the years never going below 192kbps. i recieved the shures a couple of days ago and went straight to my Sony Psyc D-ZF420 cd walkman mp3 player. well i put in an mp3 cd and to my dismay i discovered something was wrong. this was not the quality i just paid $351.00 for. i tried all kinds of music from breaks to hiphop, then to rock and ambient with no luck. there was no bass really and the volume had to be turned up half way! i then after a couple of days decided to switch to the radio (since this is an option with this sony model). WOW!!! this is what i wanted to hear with my mp3 cds! deep pounding bass and i had to turn the volume down to 1/4. now why does the radio produce this great sound and my 192kbps mp3s sound like crap? im hoping its the player and i need to get a new mp3 player. i want something thats going to make these babys shine! money is no object as i want a quality player. i dont need video or pictures just music. Any suggestions to go with my new shure e5c's? thanks for taking the time to read this long post and if you can figure out why my portable discman is screwing up id appreciate it. later guys

Jan 17, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Are you sure you're getting a good seal? Canalphones will sound horrible if you don't get a good seal.

Jan 17, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 5
I've also found a problem with many Sony PCDPs:

Their bass response lacks extension and solidity.

Jan 18, 2006 at 12:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
I've also found a problem with many Sony PCDPs:

Their bass response lacks extension and solidity.

Should not the radio and MP3's be similarly effected then?

djfunz - what are regular CD's like?

Jan 18, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191
Should not the radio and MP3's be similarly effected then?

djfunz - what are regular CD's like?

i admit its very odd and to some degree i might agree reguarding the power argument that the radio consumes significantly less power than a laser. i tried a pressed cd from the record store with the same results. large loss in bass and volume. what do most radio stations play there songs at? 128kbps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back