Problems with Rockbox'd Clip Zip, HELP PLEASE
Apr 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Exprima

Head-Fier
Hey guys I Rockbox'd my Clip Zip last night. It's working fine but for some reason it won't play one of my albums (Showbiz-Origin of Symmetry-Absolution by Muse, if that helps). The album was playing fine with the stock OS but now it refuses to play. Anyone know what might be causing this? Also I just tried it now but my laptop won't recognize the Zip when I plug it in... Wth? I can't even put music on it anymore.

Another problem is I downloaded a theme but it's not working like it should.

Also does the Rockbox have no shuffle option?

EDIT: Ok for some reason my laptop recognizes it now. But the problem of not playing some songs is still there. I noticed that the files it won't play are WMA files, but they were playing fine when I had the stock OS... =/

Turns out the theme not looking like it should was caused by the lack of the font pack, which I got now.

So what do I do so the Zip would play my WMA songs?

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 28
Bump. Someone help me please.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 28

Quote:
Please don't bump your thread after only an hour.
Are those files WMA lossless?

I made this thread last night, I only edited it an hour ago.

I don't think they're lossless, I got them from iTunes. So far I have 2 albums that won't play (Make Yourself by Incubus and Showbiz - Origin of Symmetry - Absolution by Muse) and they're both WMA. What's weird is I have The Complete Led Zeppelin which plays fine, and it says it's WMA also. Those are the only albums I got from iTunes, the rest I got from Amazon MP3 and play fine.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 28

Quote:
Rockbox does have a Shuffle option, it's on Setting>Playback.

I have it set to on... but when I go to my music files it doesn't have an option that says anything like "Shuffle All" or whatever. It shuffles the album I'm playing, not my entire library.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #7 of 28
It doesnt. You have to play the first song by yourself, and then the next songs will be shufffled. Taking in mind that shuffle works on the directory of the first song played, so if you want a shuffle like the iPod one, you have to put all your music in one single directory.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 28

Quote:
You're confused, iTunes doesn't sell or produce Windows Media Audio files, but AAC files. Which is it?

That may be the reason why it asked me to convert the file when I tried to put it on my Zip.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 28

Quote:
It doesnt. You have to play the first song by yourself, and then the next songs will be shufffled. Taking in mind that shuffle works on the directory of the first song played, so if you want a shuffle like the iPod one, you have to put all your music in one single directory.

Awe lame, I like keeping my stuff organized. =/

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 28

Quote:
What's the file extension, and when did you get them from iTunes? Maybe they have DRM.

File extension? I think I got 'em from iTunes a little over a year ago.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_extension
Does the filename end in .m4a? Something else?

Nope, says .wma, bitrate of 160kbps.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #15 of 28
Then you didn't get them from Apple iTunes, they simply don't sell WMA files, never did.

They're probably DRMed (Digital Rights Management). It prevents playback on unauthorised devices. Sansa's web page for the Clip Zip says "secure WMA" is supported, which would explain why you were able to play them with the stock firmware.

If I'm right, there's no way to play those files with Rockbox. Now you know why DRM is evil and why you should never buy such files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management

Users who are viewing this thread

Back