problems with PM, emailing
Sep 29, 2001 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rodchenko

New Head-Fier
Hate to use a public thread to ask this kind of question, but maybe others are having similar problems. I registered a couple weeks ago, returned the email and everything, but I can't send or recieve PM's - actually, that's a lie, yesterday I was able - inexplicibly - to send a PM to Tim D, but he couldn't PM me back. I always get the stupid message:

---
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
----

which gives "unhelpful" a whole new dimension.

Can someone check out my account and fix whatever's wrong? Is there a site admin people can contact with problems?

I'd love to be able to send and receive PM and emails, and can't figure out what to do.

Sep 29, 2001 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 7
If you can post, you are logged in, and should be able to use the PM feature......
confused.gif
:confusion:

Sep 29, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by rodchenko
Hate to use a public thread to ask this kind of question, but maybe others are having similar problems. I registered a couple weeks ago, returned the email and everything, but I can't send or recieve PM's - actually, that's a lie, yesterday I was able - inexplicibly - to send a PM to Tim D, but he couldn't PM me back. I always get the stupid message:

---
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
2.You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
3.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
----

which gives "unhelpful" a whole new dimension.

Can someone check out my account and fix whatever's wrong? Is there a site admin people can contact with problems?

I'd love to be able to send and receive PM and emails, and can't figure out what to do.

I just checked, and your status is showing that you did not answer the confirmation e-mail (I can't remember how that works -- do you click on a link?). Anyway, I'll resend that to you now. Please do whatever action is required (I think it's clicking on a link, but I'm considering changing it to sending me Grado RS-1's
wink.gif
). This is why you haven't been able to PM. No idea why you were able to yesterday.

I haven't received any complaints about the PM stuff in a while (and the logs show PM'ing is used a lot), so if anyone else is having problems let me know.

Sep 29, 2001 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 7
This is the fourth or fifth post I've seen about this problem. Maybe adding a section in the faq would be a good idea?

Sep 30, 2001 at 8:51 PM Post #7 of 7
ok, I think that cleared it up. I'm still confused because it was only working intermittently before, but I HAD changed my email the other day and that turned out to be it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back