Problems with nin With Teeth dual disc
May 3, 2005 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

generalee33

New Head-Fier
I just picked up the new nin dual disk and my pioneer dv 563a won't output the high resolution audio of the disk. It tracks it perfectly with the counter, but no audio. I even get the scrolling screen saver on the tv. Another twist. In playing the dd 5.1 mix I need to play that through my analog outputs. No sound through the digital coax! I'm not a newbie to this advanced resolution audio, I own several dvd-a discs. My player is set up correctly and even as I type I'm listening to nin Downward Spiral on dual disc. Has anyone had this same trouble?

May 4, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 22
Well I hope I don't have that problem. I'm experiencing exactly your problem with the Foo Fighters 'One by One' (my player is a toshiba sd-900e, not the pioneer). Going to get a firmware update soon hopefully that will fix the problem. Is your firmware fully up to date? An authorised pioneer service centre will be able to do the job for you.

May 4, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 22
Mp3's suck balls. Go and listen to your lo-fi music and stay out of this high res thread.
Just kidding.
Seriously though I can't understand that the general public is so happy with mp3's given the alternatives out there.

May 4, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #6 of 22
I don't know if this is true of the DualDisc versio or not, but where's the booklet? or track info? I don't really see anything on www.nin.com...

May 4, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
I don't know if this is true of the DualDisc versio or not, but where's the booklet? or track info? I don't really see anything on www.nin.com...

I noticed that also with the CD version......nice 3 panel digipak but no booklet, directs you to website for further info about album.
mad.gif

(CD label graphics are pretty cool also)

This is like AC/DC remasters where the bonus tracks were on some secure website that you had to access with special password..........

May 5, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
Mp3's suck balls. Go and listen to your lo-fi music and stay out of this high res thread.

Dear god, i hope your joking.

May 5, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
Try the MP3 version!

*L* I think that was a joke returned with extreme harshness.

BTW: Worst NIN cover art since PHM. Whats up with the cheezola digi pic of Reznor on the inside cover. Geesh, I get it - man/machine blah blah, and whats goin' on with the cardboard, at least gloss it. Plus, no booklet included? Man, I hope interscope is happy with the taste after milking that cow dry.

May 5, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal
*L* I think that was a joke returned with extreme harshness.

BTW: Worst NIN cover art since PHM. Whats up with the cheezola digi pic of Reznor on the inside cover. Geesh, I get it - man/machine blah blah, and whats goin' on with the cardboard, at least gloss it. Plus, no booklet included? Man, I hope interscope is happy with the taste after milking that cow dry.

Seriously? Damn...maybe i'll sit this one out wait to see if they "correct" these issues...

May 5, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Seriously? Damn...maybe i'll sit this one out wait to see if they "correct" these issues...

It was Reznor's decision. Everything about this album is suppose to be stripped to the bare essentials including cover art and packaging. I'm fine with that; the music is whats important.

May 5, 2005 at 8:01 PM Post #14 of 22
First thing I thought of when seeing inside graphic treatment was movie "matrix"

Lack of booklet is not a huge negative since I rarely look through them more than once or twice.........but still a bit cheap not to include one.

May 6, 2005 at 2:57 PM Post #15 of 22
I called pioneer and got my answer. Thanks for the help people. Anyway to get to the album: I loved it! Reznor is back to just rocking out. He's always been great at that. Remember wish never had any booklet and that ep ruled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back