Problems with my D10
Nov 4, 2009 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Knack

New Head-Fier
I'm not exactly certain if this is the right forum, but...

I'm having a problem with my D10. When I have it in my pocket (and it's swinging back and forth with my steps (this doesn't happen when it's not swinging)) the sound crackles in and out. Occasionally it stops for a few minutes, other times it can drag on and on for maybe 20 minutes. I've opened it up to check for problems, but my technologically virgin eyes can't detect any issues.

Anybody have an idea?

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 13
I tested that out, actually. The LOD cable is more stable than my headphone cable, so I don't think that the cable is the problem.

It's not as if the sound is 'cutting out' per-say. It's like the sound becomes recessed - it's still there, it just crackles and seemingly turns the volume way down.

Nov 4, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by superjohny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
outta battery??

I don't think that'll cause it to crackle.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter?

Yes, I am. Could that be it?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 13
It could possibly, but I run the adapter when I connect my 555s and don't have any trouble with that. But try testing out your adapter and plug it into something else and see what happens. In theory though, that could still be your problem, the adapter that is.

Nov 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #10 of 13
Could I have already damaged the mini-Jack input on my D10?

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could I have already damaged the mini-Jack input on my D10?

It can get loose. It is a mechanical contact. Insert your adapter to the D10's HP out and check if it's loose by wiggling the adapter.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #12 of 13
It seems a tad loose, honestly.

Any remedies for this?

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 13
If you have an IEM with a 1/8", check if that is loose also. If so, then the D10's connector loosened. I wonder if you can insert a small flat screw driver to push the tab inside the connector if you open it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back