Problems with IP-400
Jan 20, 2003 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Whitebread

1000+ Head-Fier
When I go to charge my IMP-400, the player shuts off after about 20 minutes of charging even if the batteries are completely drained. I've had the player for less than 1 month. Anyone have a fix for this?

Jan 20, 2003 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 7
When I use the discharge and charge option it does the same thing. Also, I was under the impression that the external AA Pack was just an alternate power source, and that it didn't charge rechargable batteries within the player.

Jan 20, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Someone posted somewhere that it would trickle charge them. You should never let rechargable things totally die
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 7
That's true, especially NIHM batteries. I know how to charge and discharge them. Each NIHM cell should be discharged to .9 volts and then charged to a delta peak voltage of like .3 I think, I don't remember that specific number, I'll have to check. I do let the batteries run down so that the player won't play anymore. I think I stop using the thing before that from now on. I'll see what happens.

Jan 21, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 7
I really wasn't speaking from experience, I usually use mine until just a bar or so disappears before I stick the AAs on, if these batterys are anything like the iPod battery I really don't want to let them die. Plus the replacement cost sucks
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #7 of 7
I hope my batteries aren't dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back