Problems with headphones. Feedback in right can. Beats by Dre (don't flame me!)
Aug 7, 2010 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GrindedDown

100+ Head-Fier

Howdy everyone. I am having an issued with my Beats by Dre Studio headphones (full sized ones w/battery power supply). So I travel to florida and everything works great. I travel home and try them out at home but I get a wicked feedback on the right can that is very audible. I use a Macbook Pro and when they are plugged in, feedback, but when I touch the computer it goes away. When I plug them into my iPhone, feedback is less audible but still there. When I touch the screen, feedback increases and I also hear an increase in high frequency electrical noise. 

Things to note. The screen on the iPhone is capacitative meaning when points are touched, electricity spikes to the localized point of contact increasing the electrical output. That in conjunction with me touching the aluminum on my computer makes me think that I may have knocked out or caused a faulty ground cable inside the can. 

Anyone with experience fixing headphones, or better yet these ones in particular? What are some possible fixes or solutions? I am a pretty technically inclined person and would prob be able to figure it out, but I just want to know of any suggestions before I take them apart and begin looking. What tools should I have on hand? What are mot likely culprits and what not?

Thanks in advance.

Note: Headphones are out of warranty. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 2
[size=medium]MacBooks don’t have an earth wire which is why they get noise. You may be able to reduce it using software if it is a 50-60Hz mains hum. Try unplugging the juice and listening for noise. If it disappears the interference is from the power supply not the mac, in which case you may be able to use software to remove excessive noise which have frequencies about the 50-60Hz mark. [/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back