Problems with Fubar II USB DAC - Right channel only?
Mar 19, 2007 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Ezer

Head-Fier
I'm having some troubles with my Fubar II USB DAC, where sound is only playing through the right channel. Double checking the rca outputs to my headphone amp (an audiotechnica AT-HA20), and making sure the cables were properly connected, and also using a secondary pair of generic cables besides the ones that were provided with the dac, did not solve the problem.

Messing with the balance settings in the sound devices in the control panel didn't help either; the computer recognized the usb dac no problem, and sound was definitely playing but still through the right channel only. When I moved the balance slider fully to the left, there was dead silence.

Thinking it might be a problem with the computer itself, I then tried the same set up with an older, secondary computer downstairs. Unfortunately the problem still persisted.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a different headphone amp, but I've only got one and I can confirm that sound definitely plays through both channels with the amp hooked up to the onboard sound.

Any suggestions? I'm really hoping its some sort of default setting with Windows that I'm overlooking here, and not an internal problem with the dac itself
frown.gif

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 2
Everytime I only get one channel, its because I did not plug in the headphone all the way.

Of course you could have something shorting/blown in your DAC.

Other than swapping in another USB DAC between your computer and amp, I am not sure of the easiest way to diagnose your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back