Problems with E09K+E17 Combination
Nov 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

deduction

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

I've owned the E17 and E09k for about 3 days now.  So far, I like both products a lot.  However, I have begun having MAJOR issues with the E09K.

When I plug the E17 into the E09K, it says "DOCK" and then the text disappears.  When I begin audio or change to the correct input, it shows "LOCK" which then disappears.  To my understanding, this is the CORRECT behavior.  However, this is where the problems begin!

Once I plug the E17 into the E09K and the E17 shows "LOCK", I try to listen to the audio output.  The audio does not come out of the E09K 1/4" jack.  Audio only comes out of the 1/8" mini jack atop the E17.  Furthermore, the E09K volume adjust does not work.  Also the selector between "Aux In/Dock In" does not work at this point.  The E17 still plays audio from the E09K, but only if I use the top 1/8" headphone jack on the E17.  I'm not sure why the E17 can take input from the E09K but the E09K controls/outputs won't work.

Prior to last night, all of these functions worked normally.  I tried resetting the E17 unit using the top reset port.  This did not change anything.  I tried uninstalling the devices from the computer and reinstalling them and it did not help. The E09K looks like it has a reset port on the front, but I tried inserting something into the port and I'm pretty sure there's no reset dipswitch inside the port.

Right now, in order to use the amp, I have to bypass the dock entirely.  Or, I can use the E17 headphone jack with the dock, but I don't want my headphones pulling on the E17 while it's inside the dock.  So, I've taken the E09K out of the mix until I can resolve the issue entirely.

Is this most likely an issue with the E09K or the E17?  Is my best bet to exchange the units with Amazon?

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 5
This may sound obvious, but did you try docking it before turning it on? Just wondering if that would make a difference.

Also, according to a YouTube review, some people may have a problem with the dock connector being loose and having to shift the E17 forward or backward to have it connect correctly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back