problems with dt 770 pros
Aug 15, 2002 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nae45ro

100+ Head-Fier
Hy guys.I just bought myself a pair of bayer and i've noticed that they do not work properly with portable stuff,meaning i can hear only in the left channel.At the beginning i thought they have a problem but as i got home,i connected them to my line and they work just great.Could this be because of their 250 ohms of impedance and the portable players cannot handle without an amplifier?By the way,what are the best brands for portable cd players,cause i intend to buy one?Thanx!

Aug 16, 2002 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by nae45ro
Hy guys.I just bought myself a pair of bayer and i've noticed that they do not work properly with portable stuff,meaning i can hear only in the left channel.

Could it be that your portable equipment is monaural (and not stereo)? What exactly is your portable?

I get exactly that when I plug any pair of stereo headphones into a monaural source. Try plugging in another pair of headphones into the source in question, and see if you still hear sound from only one channel.

Aug 16, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 5
I would guess a crappy jack, likely one that isn't letting you push the plug in properly.

Aug 16, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 5
It's nothing like that.I tried my headphones with 2 portable players wich worked just great with their original stereo headphones.Very curious is the fact that at the beginning,my dt770 worked with both players for approximatively a half an hour and then suddenly the right channel was dead,so i supposed the problem is at my headphones,but as i already told you they work just great with my stereo hi-fi line and my tv.Isn't it weird?

Aug 16, 2002 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 5
try fiddling with the jack on the other two players when the channel goes out. Maybe their dirty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back