problems trying to use two av-710's in one pc
Feb 10, 2005 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tsplash75

100+ Head-Fier
simply put.. it doesn't want to work.

windows xp crashes as soon as it finishes loading. kinda fun watching it work in perpetual motion.. xp loads.. xp crashes.. xp loads.. xp crashes.. xp loads.. you get the point.

anyhoo.. anyone know a way around this? or do i need to get a different brand/model to have two sound cards running on the same pc?

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 8
It won't work. I tried to have Chaintech and M-Audio Revolution 7.1 which uses the same chipset though a slightly different revision, only to run into the similar problem you're describing, only on windows 2000. I think originally it instantly rebooted when I tried to open the sound control panel of one of the cards, and then the machine wouldn't even boot afterwards, or something like that. It just doesn't work.

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 8
sounds like i'll have to use an audigy or something along those lines as my second card.

oh well.. i tried. doesn't hurt so much, since i pretty much got two for the price of one.
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks for your input, gentlemen.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:49 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
out of curiosity...why would you want to do that?

games for one..

and because i'd like one to be used solely for it's high quality DAC in conjunction with headphones.

by using a second card, i can then use the line-in as well as have 7.1 surround sound for movies, games, xp and program alerts, etc.

Feb 10, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #8 of 8
if you need both of the cards exclusively for S/PDIF out then there is a solution, flash them for some M-Audio professional card, Delta series supports multiple cards..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back