Problems ripping music
Jun 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pettervo

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I have been re-ripping a lot of my CD's to get higher quality, however I have now noticed that some of the new rips are totally rubbish, with a lot of static noise, the music is just barely in the background.. I experience the same thing when I try to play the CD's from my computer. However the CD's are totally fine, and play without a problem from my stereo, I also have previously ripped these with my old computer, and had no problems.

I'm new at this and quite clueless.. Anybody have any ideas what is causing this, and is there a way I can rip them without having these problems?

Im using windows media player, ripping mp3 at 320 kbps on a windows 7 computer.

Help would be much appreciated :wink:

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Which software do you use?

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 7
yeah EAC is great, but what i suspect is the problem is you didnt have error correction turned on.  anyway use EAC, it better.

alternative, it could be the CD's actually have all that crap on the actual recordings but you just never noticed them before

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 7
I was to able to rip the CD's I was having problems with on my dads computer. They sound good now..

So problem solved for now, however when I am away from home (which I am most of the year, as I study in a different city) I will have to try to figure out how to rip the CD's I have there which have been causing me problems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back