problems on sound cards and K240DF
Apr 20, 2003 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

attilais

New Head-Fier
Sorry for post it here, since nobody answers in the source forum:frowning2:

At first I decided to buy a DT831 for my soundcard, which is a m-audio revolution (may upgrade later).
However, considering the physical and sound comfortness, I finally changed for a K240DF after some audition, since DT831 is too heavy and too excited a headphone for a whole day's wear during work. (Generally I spend 10 hours in front of my computer per day), while K240DF is the most comfortable headphone I have ever know, both on wearing and on the sound itself. On the other hand, I think high impedance & low sensitivity headphones may performs better than high sensitivity ones on computer, if they are drived well.

Don't know if there are any sound cards ($200 - 300) that can drive the 240DF to an acceptable level, or does anyone have suggestions on "mini" headphone amps? The analog output of my revolution is 1.2 Vrms, which is not enough. I have a big headphone amp which has enough power, but I really don't want to use it in the office. It's not very suitable:frowning2:

Sincerely thanks
Voxel

Apr 20, 2003 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Well, you could try the Terratec Aureon 5.1/7.1 Sky/Space cards. Both support non-resampling output and sport a little headphone amp section, which will be activated by a relay on the card if headphone output is selected in the control panel. Nevertheless, I'm not sure, whether that would have enough voltage swing for driving a K240M/DF - maybe you should try the K240S instead...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 20, 2003 at 9:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks lini.
I am afraid Terratec Aureon has similiar power as my Revolution:frowning2:
To drive the 600Ohm 88dB 240DF to 100dB, I need a sound card which has 3 Vrms output. (My Revo is 1.26Vrms) I know that there are cards with such a huge output, but they are qutie low-level ones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back