Problems for new Fiio X3 owner.
Sep 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

eyefloater

New Head-Fier
Hi. I have Linux Mint, but can access Windows XP if needed.

I've just bought an X3 from a guy via Gumtree. I should add that it does have a micro-card.
Also i am not technically minded at all.

This is probably a common question but here goes:
I've just plugged it into the PC via a USB cable and the message: 'USB connected, please eject drives before disconnecting,' appears on the screen.

Also in my PCs file manager this is up the top of the page: 'An error occurred while accessing 'X3', the system responded: An unspecified error has occurred: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.'

A little bit later. I just pulled out the TF card and managed to get into a menu. I changed a setting from 'storage' to 'DAC.' Why?
Well when i did a search earlier something a little similar to my problem cropped up in the results. One piece of advise was to do that change. I don't know if its the right thing to do or not?
All help appreciated.
Thanks.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 4
  Hi. I have Linux Mint, but can access Windows XP if needed.

I've just bought an X3 from a guy via Gumtree. I should add that it does have a micro-card.
Also i am not technically minded at all.

This is probably a common question but here goes:
I've just plugged it into the PC via a USB cable and the message: 'USB connected, please eject drives before disconnecting,' appears on the screen.

Also in my PCs file manager this is up the top of the page: 'An error occurred while accessing 'X3', the system responded: An unspecified error has occurred: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.'

A little bit later. I just pulled out the TF card and managed to get into a menu. I changed a setting from 'storage' to 'DAC.' Why?
Well when i did a search earlier something a little similar to my problem cropped up in the results. One piece of advise was to do that change. I don't know if its the right thing to do or not?
All help appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
1. When setting the X3 to DAC mode, it requires to install the DAC driver in the computer firstly if running the Windows OS. Currently it is Linux or Windows? If it is Linux, there is no need to install the driver.
Here is the instruction to guide how to install the DAC driver in Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvno7v2s8x8sv15/X3%202nd%20gen--DAC%20User%20guide.pdf?dl=0

2. When running the Storage mode, the TF card has to be put in the TF card slot. Then you can access the files in the TF card by the file manager after connecting the X3 with the PC. 
Kindly try to change another USB cable or USB port in your PC to have a test again. 

BTW, your unit is X3 1st gen or X3 2nd gen? And what is the current firmware of the unit?

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi, glad to know your X3 can work normally now. 
wink_face.gif

BTW, here is the newer beta firmware FW3.34Beta for the X3: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40207&extra=page%3D1, and you can try to upgrade your X3 if you have interst. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back