Problem with WinXP Recycle Bin
Oct 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Whenever I try to delete a file created by my torrent client (Utorrent) from the Recycle Bin, It's says "cannot delete *****: Access Denied". When I try it again after turning off my torrent client, it's says "Are you Sure youn want to delete WINDOWS", and still won't let me empty it. I've tried restarts and shutdowns, the problem just keeps repeating with other torrent-created files.

EDIT: I tried a system restore, and it seemd to be fixed. I think my utorrent install was either corrupted or created a corrupted file, since I was forced to re-install the client after unexpectedly. I've had this issue before with my old rig, and I'm just afraid it's a sign of hardware failure.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 4
It sounds like your filesystem might be in an inconsistent state. When you have some time, go to My Computer>right click C drive>click properties>tools tab>Error checking: "check now">check both boxes>click start>reboot.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, I was thinking of running chkdsk, but I think I'll wait to see if the problem comes back or if new ones arise. WinXP just seems to like to wonky every now and then.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Use some unlocker software to delete it, thats the way i get rid of them.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back