Problem with the cable of my Senn HD650
Jul 10, 2008 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Wiza_Gab

100+ Head-Fier
So I had the right side cable of my Senn HD650 falling off sometimes so I couldn't hear anything but then I would just replace it in and it would work.

But now I'm putting it back and I still can't hear. Is there a way to fix this ? I think that the two little pins are not correctly entering in the two little holes inside the cans but I don't know. Seems I'm doing it right. I try to move it and **** and still can't hear. Is there a safe way to open the can, I don't know what to do...

Thanks !

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 8
bump

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 8
I had a problem like that with my 650's but don't know what was going on. I work on equipment and even took them apart and then just put them away. One day I decided to get them out and tear them down again and tried them without doing anything. They have worked ever since. I know it was a connection of course but what was going on I don't know. You do need to make sure the cable is seated all the way in and there is a small shoulder that you can see on the cable that sits against the housing once inserted all the way.

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah I already took it apart several times. But now when I re-insert it in, just doesn't work, seems like it's completely in it tough. I hope it's only the cable and not the connector inside.

Jul 10, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Maybe the spring coil inside the headphone housing that the plug prongs on the cable come incontact with needs to be respaced?

Here is a link with pics on how to do it with the HD 580 which is basically built the same according to most peeps on HeadFi.
580_intermittency_repairs Photo Gallery by jeepy206 at pbase.com

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks mate. It was kinda simple. The whole round thing was loose inside so I couldn't put the cord plug in it. Didn't check if the strings were alright tough, guess I'll do that another time but the sound seems good. Or maybe, there's too much bass, I don't know.

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #8 of 8
At least you are able to hear something now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back