Problem with Sunrise IE
Jun 25, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
I've been burning them in since I started this thread so I'll report in the next days .
I tried the seal test, all good. I can hear both frequencies at the same volume

You want the first frequency (lower - 50hz) to be heard the loudest to enabled the full range of the headphones. 

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #21 of 24
I tried the test with the m1 and the bass is louder almost hurting. So I decided to switch tips and use the M1 ones on the IE and the bass is the same no matter how good I seal them. They have the same volume but the sound is general is far less powerful (distant).

Plus, could it be a sign of faultiness that on my desktop PC with the M1 50% of the volume is enough and with IE to get the same volume sometimes 100% is not even enough? Consider that they both have the same impedance but the IE has 5-8db more of sensitivity? Should it be the opposite?
They are now at 30h of burn in and I hear no change. No way they sound as they're rated.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 24
Sunrise Audio have stated to people that they require a 100 hour burn in or more, and you've only burned them in for 30.

I've tested 3 pairs of IE's in the past week, and they all sound as expected. Especially after reading the ClieOS and Joker reviews. 

Something does sound wrong when you word it like you have, but then again it could be a matter of opinion. The Xcape IE's are quieter than some earphones when put into an MP3 (I tried with a Zune HD and iPod Nano) and I compared them to my personal Westone 2's and they were slightly louder at the same volume. However, nothing like you described.

I can't imagine them having a thin bass, I must say. It's hard to understand what you're describing right here because they are certainly not the Xcape IE's!

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #23 of 24

Quote:
I tried the test with the m1 and the bass is louder almost hurting. So I decided to switch tips and use the M1 ones on the IE and the bass is the same no matter how good I seal them. They have the same volume but the sound is general is far less powerful (distant).

Plus, could it be a sign of faultiness that on my desktop PC with the M1 50% of the volume is enough and with IE to get the same volume sometimes 100% is not even enough? Consider that they both have the same impedance but the IE has 5-8db more of sensitivity? Should it be the opposite?
They are now at 30h of burn in and I hear no change. No way they sound as they're rated.

The problem is that you're comparing them to the M1.  The M1s will sound like bass monsters compared to the Sunrise Xcapes.  the Sunrise's have accurate/neutral bass (maybe a tiny bit above neutral) while the M1s are bass emphasized (from what I've read).  I don't think there is anything wrong with your XCapes, I think the problem is that the signature of the XCapes isn't for you since you need a blinding amount of bass [it seems].  The XCapes are made to be accurate and detailed, not bass monsters (which is why you prefer the M1).

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #24 of 24
Well I don't know for sure what the problem here is but I know I'm not a bass lover at all! the M1 have a balanced audio AFAIK, they seem to reproduce all the frequencies equally while the IE has a suffocated audio, why would this be better? It practically loses all the enjoyment of listening to any kind of music.
anyway tomorrow I'll try to post a little review/comparison and be as detailed as possible so you'll tell me if it's me or the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back