Problem with SR-225s
Apr 5, 2005 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lorkp

New Head-Fier
I think the left channel is a little louder than the right. I'm pretty sure this is the case, because on all the music I have the vocals seem to be a tad off center towards the left. To make sure I'm not hearing things, I switched the left headphone to the right ear and so on. Now the vocals lean a little towards the right. This is driving me nuts. Is there anything I can do to fix this and avoid costly repairs?

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedxing
Many recordings are imbalanced.

And man do i hate that. Very annoying when one side is louder than the other, you dont notice it on speakers but with headphones you do. Why did they do that, that imbalanced thing?

Apr 5, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by lorkp
I think the left channel is a little louder than the right. I'm pretty sure this is the case, because on all the music I have the vocals seem to be a tad off center towards the left. To make sure I'm not hearing things, I switched the left headphone to the right ear and so on. Now the vocals lean a little towards the right. This is driving me nuts. Is there anything I can do to fix this and avoid costly repairs?

Check also if the source / amp are not the cause. Plug the cans into some other source and see what happens.

I mean, that 0.05 dB difference claimed by Grado makes me think that it's out of question that the cans be so... imbalanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back