Problem with Shure E4 headphones
Jan 5, 2008 at 8:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tomek

500+ Head-Fier
Hello, recently I was listening to my mp3 player with my Shure E4 headphones and noticed the sound out of the left headphone was cutting in and out. I was pretty thrilled because this meant that I could finally buy a new mp3 player.

However, I got home and the same thing happened when listening to my laptop, so I'm guessing that this is the headphones.

It seems to be at the base, where the plug is. If this part moves, the sound can cut out.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? Does this mean that basically some wiring has come loose inside the headphone?

What are my options? I don't want to have to buy another pair. Although the sound isn't perfect with in ear monitors, it's an absolute necessity for travelling and living in a noisy environment.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Contact Shure if they are still under warrenty.

Jan 5, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 6
And if the warranty isn't alive, it's still quite easy to fix headphone jacks with those of better quality (lots of goodies in the DIY forum).

Mar 30, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 6
well, Shure isn't going to help me out on this one, and the headphones are getting worse so I can't ignore this any longer.

what will I need to fix these myself?

Mar 30, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Hmm sounds like some solder joints let go in the stereo minijack, you will likely have to replace the cable. (or DIY hackjob it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back